Anger you are persistent, a spurt of pure rage subdued, and I will vanquish you.Continue to emerge for every time I see your weakness, your cleverness is thwarted by my meekness.
Anger I call upon you for training purposes,
lengthening the temperament wick, hastily enhancing my vigor,
you are clearly out matched just like a moth to light.
I tip my hat to your mind reading abilities, illiteracy to matters of the heart, and ever so thankful for minute self victories.
Anger the skirmish is yours but mine is sustenance of peace.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anger Poem by JA. River )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(15 April 1958)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- To Lucasta, Going To The Wars, Richard Lovelace
Poem of the Day
- Hedonism, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afshan Ahmad and The Terrorists, Akhtar Jawad
- My lovely Muse from Venus, Yor Nella
- Egoism, Edward Kofi Louis
- Caroline, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Silent Love, Phil Soar
- Dream (landless Zimbabweans), Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Vintage Flower, Edward Kofi Louis
- Proverbs, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Greatness In Courage, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto