And The Toikey’s Name was Joseph
A Saucy Nando's Poem - Poetry Competition
Now lissen, Vrou, said my Ou, the day that we was wed
Don’t gimme no, none ‘arf-baked food,
Or stay out from my bed.
A toikey pale and pimply
Does nuffing good for me
Don’t gimme no, none pimply birds
Jong! Wotta sight to see!
Ook se Vrou, said my Ou, the day that we was wed
Don’t you be snoep with Nando’s sauce
That’s what Ouma said.
Lekka Lemon on my prawns and also on my crabs
And sometimes Peri Peri Hot
Now this one really grabs.
A duck! Nou daar’s a storie
A newly pluckered duck
Ag, I dirrent mention pheasant man
You like a record stuck.
Another thing, my skatterbol, eye have Chinese genes
Which makes me so inscrotable
And you know what that means.
Now lissen Vrou, said my Ou, nou ons is lang getroud
You dirrent gimme toikey bald
You dressed him in a coat
A coat of many flavours Herby Lemon, Peri Red
And the toikey’s name was Joseph
Leastways that’s what Ouma said.
Margaret Kollmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And The Toikey’s Name was Joseph by Margaret Kollmer )
- Silhouette, Bradley Flowers
- Lines Written under the Picture of Miss .., Robert Burns
- Venetian Candy, John Updike
- Sylvander to Clarinda, Robert Burns
- The Lady, PAUL COLVIN
- From ' The Holy Roode', Sir John Davies
- Tao in the Yankee Stadium Bleachers, John Updike
- Epigram on Dr. Babington's looks, Robert Burns
- Lament for James, Earl of Glencairn, Robert Burns
- From 'The Triumph of Death', Sir John Davies
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)