Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.
Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
So 'gainst the winter's balm.
Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.
Ezra Pound's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ancient Music by Ezra Pound )
Did you read them?
- I Do Not Know Your Name, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
- Unceremonious, Shruti Goswami
- Restful Nights, Margaret Moran
- Qwerty, Edward Kofi Louis
- Watch over The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- 12 Paths, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)