Winter is icummen in,
Lhude sing Goddamm.
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.
Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
So 'gainst the winter's balm.
Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.
Ezra Pound's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ancient Music by Ezra Pound )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore