Monk E. Biz
An Enchanted Canyon
A life hiker I was
with heart wide open,
entered an enchanted canyon,
nature's love a hopin'
The dirt said 'love me' I did, stepping on her firmness.
The sage said, 'brush against me, and feel me lover'
so I did this with earnest
The birds sung joy to me, swirling upward, gracefully!
The canyon walls were calling, echoing, 'court me, court me! '
The sky was above effortlessly
imparting warm love,
soft clouds, rocks were firm,
but offering strength as I scaled them, rising.
The natural symphony screamed, 'TAKE ME! '
And took it all in I did!
I moved thru her, swam in her waters, climbed the trees,
moved thru her bush, touched her walls, rolled in the dirt,
warmed on her rocks.
An amazing love fest, but just a flirt!
She was no longer outside of me,
but in me, and me in her,
of me, ONE with me!
All life to thee defer!
A life hiker, just a day in the sun?
Maybe, maybe there is more
than just continual fun?
Monk E. Biz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Enchanted Canyon by Monk E. Biz )
Did you read them?
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alan W. Jankowski
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)