America, you ode for reality!
Give back the people you took.
Let the sun shine again
on the four corners of the world
you thought of first but do not
own, or keep like a convenience.
People are your own word, you
invented that locus and term.
Here, you said and say, is
where we are. Give back
what we are, these people you made,
us, and nowhere but you to be.
Robert Creeley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America by Robert Creeley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam
- Sin Salida, Edwin Cordero