All too Soon We will Greet the White of Winter's Might
It is cool and bright in the blue mountains.
The deep chill of night has moved, settled
down into the valley. The morning sun
spreads her arms over and around, painting
with nature’s brushstrokes. Like a watercolor
framed in autumn’s colors, it is a gift.
Still, quiet, peaceful like, I walk around
leaves: yellow, red, rust, and brown, they waiting.
Many have fallen to welcoming ground,
protection’s blanket for nature’s seedlings.
‘Tis season’s own version of a healthy
need to relax, contemplate, hibernate.
My heart skips to the tune of earth’s blessings.
My lips are singing a song, the stanzas
not yet formed, neither notes upon a page
nor played by musicians, nor ever sung
by any, except those who dare to leave
behind, the weary world’s loud noises.
I welcome you, O, peaceful morning. Your
gift of joy is mine for the taking. Rest
and relief you bring to my soul. You
remind me to shine down, and all around.
I embrace you, and, unlike sun who asks
Nothing, I pray God that the world be at peace.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All too Soon We will Greet the White of Winter's Might by Jackie Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave