All Things Lovely
Lovely things begin with the sunshine.
Her rays illuminate faces
So that smiles can be seen.
Her love so bountiful
She shares with the world.
Next on the list is friendship.
Her bonds hold giants safely
Over ledges. Her eyes magnify
To infinity the good,
And make minuscule the bad.
Runner up is the gentle tear.
Her screams chase fears,
And streams wash away sorrow
For all.When joy bursts boundaries,
She bubbles and blossoms.
Next in line is patience.
Her grace eliminates wars.
Her foundation is love.
Her nature builds friendships.
She removes evil from the tongue.
Finally, and on par with sunshine is time.
She makes way for patience to ripen.
She allows friendship to crystallize
Into excellence. She replaces sorrow
With the hope of a better tomorrow.
Yet these are useless without people.
With arms to lay in the sunshine,
And bodies that keep the hearts of friends,
With whom you can share your tears,
Even if it is with time to grow patience.
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Things Lovely by Leslie Alexis )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns