After The Rain
I found myself drowning in my own tormented tears
nowhere to run...nowhere to hide!
I begged for some forgiveness...from dark and lonely skies!
life had left me long ago Oh... body carried on
all my sorrow sealed beneath...a soul to call upon?
empty of emotion on bended knee I prayed
to touch your hand just one more time to chase your blues away!
Now we stand together, a smile upon our face
the light ahead it shines a path forever to embrace,
the road has been a mindful one, your shoes a painful walk...
now my wish to bathe your feet..and kiss them dry with warmth.
No more a heart is bleeding, surrendered to a anew
from far away a sign of hope...happened upon my view.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After The Rain by Martina Moriarty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman