After The Rain
I found myself drowning in my own tormented tears
nowhere to run...nowhere to hide!
I begged for some forgiveness...from dark and lonely skies!
life had left me long ago Oh... body carried on
all my sorrow sealed beneath...a soul to call upon?
empty of emotion on bended knee I prayed
to touch your hand just one more time to chase your blues away!
Now we stand together, a smile upon our face
the light ahead it shines a path forever to embrace,
the road has been a mindful one, your shoes a painful walk...
now my wish to bathe your feet..and kiss them dry with warmth.
No more a heart is bleeding, surrendered to a anew
from far away a sign of hope...happened upon my view.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After The Rain by Martina Moriarty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Muskurathey Raho!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Few Stars Tonight, Jesus James Llorico