After The Rain
I found myself drowning in my own tormented tears
nowhere to run...nowhere to hide!
I begged for some forgiveness...from dark and lonely skies!
life had left me long ago Oh... body carried on
all my sorrow sealed beneath...a soul to call upon?
empty of emotion on bended knee I prayed
to touch your hand just one more time to chase your blues away!
Now we stand together, a smile upon our face
the light ahead it shines a path forever to embrace,
the road has been a mindful one, your shoes a painful walk...
now my wish to bathe your feet..and kiss them dry with warmth.
No more a heart is bleeding, surrendered to a anew
from far away a sign of hope...happened upon my view.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After The Rain by Martina Moriarty )
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)