The Brave Lion has be deprived the pride of His bride in the jungle of life.
The Mighty Tree has been hewned down by the dreaded wind of death.
Night has swallowed morning in the broad day light.
Darkness has hollowed light in the noon day harshness.
The white sheep of the family has been stained by the dirt of death.
The Papa of the house has been poisened by the serpent of death.
The Mighty Elephant has fallen at the might of death.
The Father Whale has left the shores of life to the sore land beyond.
The journey of life has been shortened by the castle of death.
The Burden Bearer has been denied his load by the rabble of death.
I know it is a journey of no return,
but live well with the glorious beings.
When you get to the road full of loads,
Salute the dwellers of the road and there drop your load.
The heat of the one who brought me into this world, and made me who l am.
Your thought will forever remain green in my memory.
Is it because you have no Pride (father) that you deprived me of my Pride?
Is it because you have no Bride that you denied father the Pride of his Bride?
Will you ever come back to enjoy the Pride of your Bride?
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Valentine Poetry Foundation.
Comments about this poem (Adieu Papa by Valentine Mbagu )
- The Best Day, Meriam Joseph
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
- I am blind, Aftab Alam
- One Half of a Love, michael walkerjohn
- Separated Hearts, Michael Mira
- >> Orphanage, Abdul Wahab
- Visible pain, hasmukh amathalal
- a, Vera Sidhwa
- Not be easy, hasmukh amathalal
- So heavily inbuilt, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- .....You Ask How Much I Love You (best l.., Charles Wiles
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)