The Brave Lion has be deprived the pride of His bride in the jungle of life.
The Mighty Tree has been hewned down by the dreaded wind of death.
Night has swallowed morning in the broad day light.
Darkness has hollowed light in the noon day harshness.
The white sheep of the family has been stained by the dirt of death.
The Papa of the house has been poisened by the serpent of death.
The Mighty Elephant has fallen at the might of death.
The Father Whale has left the shores of life to the sore land beyond.
The journey of life has been shortened by the castle of death.
The Burden Bearer has been denied his load by the rabble of death.
I know it is a journey of no return,
but live well with the glorious beings.
When you get to the road full of loads,
Salute the dwellers of the road and there drop your load.
The heat of the one who brought me into this world, and made me who l am.
Your thought will forever remain green in my memory.
Is it because you have no Pride (father) that you deprived me of my Pride?
Is it because you have no Bride that you denied father the Pride of his Bride?
Will you ever come back to enjoy the Pride of your Bride?
Topic of this poem: Death
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Valentine Poetry Foundation.
Comments about this poem (Adieu Papa by Valentine Mbagu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(23 January 1930)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- For the Love of Your Life, Sandra Feldman
- Flame Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- Until You Look Through My Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- In the Span of Life, R B Seals
- Controlling The Narrative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hallucinated, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Livng In Fear To Live Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Dil Jeetney Ki Khatir (Being Inspired By.., Akhtar Jawad
- Hershey, Nero CaroZiv