The Brave Lion has be deprived the pride of His bride in the jungle of life.
The Mighty Tree has been hewned down by the dreaded wind of death.
Night has swallowed morning in the broad day light.
Darkness has hollowed light in the noon day harshness.
The white sheep of the family has been stained by the dirt of death.
The Papa of the house has been poisened by the serpent of death.
The Mighty Elephant has fallen at the might of death.
The Father Whale has left the shores of life to the sore land beyond.
The journey of life has been shortened by the castle of death.
The Burden Bearer has been denied his load by the rabble of death.
I know it is a journey of no return,
but live well with the glorious beings.
When you get to the road full of loads,
Salute the dwellers of the road and there drop your load.
The heat of the one who brought me into this world, and made me who l am.
Your thought will forever remain green in my memory.
Is it because you have no Pride (father) that you deprived me of my Pride?
Is it because you have no Bride that you denied father the Pride of his Bride?
Will you ever come back to enjoy the Pride of your Bride?
Topic of this poem: Death
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Valentine Poetry Foundation.
Comments about this poem (Adieu Papa by Valentine Mbagu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil Ocean
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies