Henry Livingston Jr. (1748-1828)
Acrostic -- Eliza Hughes
E v'ry grace in her combine,
L ove and truth and friendship join,
I n one source without reserve,
Z ealous all her friends to serve,
A nd diffuse true harmony.
H appy nymph of chaste repose,
U nsullied as the vernal rose.
G ay -- majestic -- yet serene,
H andsome, with a graceful mien;
E v'ry charm in her appear,
S he is lovely, chaste and fair.
Poet Other Poems
- 1819 New Year's Carrier's Address
- A Tenant of Mrs. Van Kleeck
- Account of a Visit From ST. Nicholas
- Acrostic -- Eliza Hughes
- An Elegy on the Death of Montgomery Tapp...
- Careless Philosopher's Soliloquy
- Catharine Breese Livingston
- Catharine Livingston
- Epithalamium: A Marriage Poem
- Hiding Place
- Letter Sent to Master Timmy Dwight
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.