I, Achilles, was born to fight
Heroic battles on all field.
Endowed with pure couragious might,
Against all foes, I did it wield.
At birth dipped into River Styx
By my mother to give to me
Protection for future conflict.
Held by the heel that would not be
Invulnerable to attack.
Years later in the Trojan war,
A poisoned arrow came on track
To pierce my heel. I lived no more.
Disappointed is how I feel,
Remembered mainly for my heel.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Achilles by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beauty, Claudia Andrea Casas
- Father-son, Nassy Fesharaki
- Aqua Vitae, Sadiqullah Khan
- Family War, love green
- Don't Leave Me Alone, love green
- The Cry and Smile, Meena Somasundaram
- My First Lover, love green
- Learn To Be More Appreciative, Ronell Warren Alman
- Comprehend, Sadiqullah Khan
- Don't Pretend, love green