I, Achilles, was born to fight
Heroic battles on all field.
Endowed with pure couragious might,
Against all foes, I did it wield.
At birth dipped into River Styx
By my mother to give to me
Protection for future conflict.
Held by the heel that would not be
Invulnerable to attack.
Years later in the Trojan war,
A poisoned arrow came on track
To pierce my heel. I lived no more.
Disappointed is how I feel,
Remembered mainly for my heel.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Achilles by Ima Ryma )
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett