I, Achilles, was born to fight
Heroic battles on all field.
Endowed with pure couragious might,
Against all foes, I did it wield.
At birth dipped into River Styx
By my mother to give to me
Protection for future conflict.
Held by the heel that would not be
Invulnerable to attack.
Years later in the Trojan war,
A poisoned arrow came on track
To pierce my heel. I lived no more.
Disappointed is how I feel,
Remembered mainly for my heel.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Achilles by Ima Ryma )
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
- Highest Sky, Eleonor Santiago
- Paradise Rhyme, Eleonor Santiago
- To the Depths, Eleonor Santiago
- Angels on t he Shoulder, Liilia Talts Morrison
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)