Sheldon Allan Silverstein
She was dancin' when I seen her, in a Mexican cantina
In a neighborhood they call 'La Zona Roja'.
She had a child's smile, but she told me in a while
It would take a lot of gold to get to know her.
Acapulco Goldie, donde did you go.
You said you'd always hold me
But you run away with me Acapulco Gold.
I knew there's no one cuter, then she said she was a puta.
I said, 'What does puta mean?' And she told me...oh no...
Then we went to meet a dealer, we smoke and drink tequila.
Then the lights went out and I guess that's when she rolled me.
Just like Acapulco Goldie, por que did you go.
You said you'd always hold me.
But you vamos away with me Acapulco Gold.
Ya ya, you run away with me Acapulco Gold.
Sheldon Allan Silverstein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acapulco Goldie by Sheldon Allan Silverstein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Day Haiku Form 575, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A.Blok, To Vyacheslav Ivanov - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Contour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak