A Valentine's Salute To Teachers
The greatest relationship to be recognized
Is the union between parents and teachers.
For these are they
That birth the true talent of a child.
So often are those overlooked
Whose perserverance has filled the gap
Between one's ingrained ability
And their intellectual spirituality.
They are those who help cultivate
And enduce the dignity and pride
Of one's intelligence and prepare it
For the avenues and boulevards
Of our world and it's societies.
Although sometimes overlooked
For their own integrity.
Of having families and lives
Which sometimes go neglected
Or are not always given full attention
Because of their sacrifices
Dedicated to educate, to encourage
And inspire our children.
Their future is given to prepare
The future of every never ending tomorrow.
Because of their knowledge
Every capacity is filled
For every legitamate futre occupation.
Teachers, I salute and honor you today!
May the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob
Continue to Bless and Keep each of you.
That your endeavors may be blessed and fulfilled.
Happy Valentine's Day!
God's Own Servant,
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Valentine's Salute To Teachers by Cecelia Weir )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid