'A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner'
I guess we'll be having a strange Thanksgiving dinner
my kids lives are too busy to come and eat.
My sisters' in Florida visiting our elderly parents
and my niece doesn't email me or speak.
My Step Son and his wife are on call
at the hospital where they work.
I have invited some friends from church to come
now hope that they don't Thanksgiving dinner shirk!
I remember when I ran out in blizzards storm
to provide my son and his new wife.
Their Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings
that they could feast on Thanksgiving night.
Our family has now seem pulled apart
because of things that have been done or said?
But this all seems so confussing to me
can't seem to get it out of my hurt heart or head.
I know I should just let it all go
and get on with my new married life
And have the best Thanksgiving
with my husband and friends
This Thanksgiving stranger filled night.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Chair, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell
- Killer instinct mind, Mark Heathcote
- Book Condition: (Fairest of the) Fair, mary douglas
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas