'A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner'
I guess we'll be having a strange Thanksgiving dinner
my kids lives are too busy to come and eat.
My sisters' in Florida visiting our elderly parents
and my niece doesn't email me or speak.
My Step Son and his wife are on call
at the hospital where they work.
I have invited some friends from church to come
now hope that they don't Thanksgiving dinner shirk!
I remember when I ran out in blizzards storm
to provide my son and his new wife.
Their Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings
that they could feast on Thanksgiving night.
Our family has now seem pulled apart
because of things that have been done or said?
But this all seems so confussing to me
can't seem to get it out of my hurt heart or head.
I know I should just let it all go
and get on with my new married life
And have the best Thanksgiving
with my husband and friends
This Thanksgiving stranger filled night.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A Strange Thanksgiving Dinner' by Linda Winchell )
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
- Dead Stone, ramesh rai
- Our Lives, Sandra Feldman
- All Mine, For Me, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To Someone Special On PoemHunter, Electric Lady
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Francis William Bourdillon
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)