A song of Love
Hey, rose, just born
Twin to a thorn;
Was't so with you, O Love and Scorn?
Sweet eyes that smiled,
Now wet and wild:
O Eye and Tear- mother and child.
Well: Love and Pain
Be kinfolks twain;
Yet would, Oh would I could Love again.
Sidney Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A song of Love by Sidney Lanier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- After The Interview..., Morgan Michaels
- Where the Rapture?, Estelle Pigot
- I love you, Hafeni Nghidinua
- haikindof, Mandolyn ...
- Are You Pissed Yet, Francie Lynch
- Mirror (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- make mine extra crispy, Mandolyn ...
- ~Death Of My Creations~, Allan Gerard
- Captivations of an Art Form, F. J. Thomas
- Me Without You Is Like, Lilly Emery