Sidney Lanier (1842-1881 / Macon / Georgia)
A song of Love
Hey, rose, just born
Twin to a thorn;
Was't so with you, O Love and Scorn?
Sweet eyes that smiled,
Now wet and wild:
O Eye and Tear- mother and child.
Well: Love and Pain
Be kinfolks twain;
Yet would, Oh would I could Love again.
Poet Other Poems
- A Ballad Of The Trees And The Master
- A Birthday Song. To S. G.
- A Dedication. To Charlotte Cushman.
- A Florida Ghost.
- A Florida Sunday.
- A Sea-Shore Grave. To M. J. L.
- A Song Of Eternity In Time
- A song of Love
- A Song Of The Future.
- A Sunrise Song.
- An Evening Song.
- An Frau Nannette Falk-Auerbach.
- At First. To Charlotte Cushman.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.