A Sacred Gathering
Shadows swamp the air with a blanket of fog,
Move mythical clouds from under the dark sky,
Fitting the past sleekly within our memory,
Familiar faces buried long ago in the cemetery.
Nimbly stood stones erect as ruin pillar post,
Forgotten names shimmer in glory halls of fame,
A sacred gathering in the future with the past,
Meet history looking for friends to rise again.
Spirits gather quietly to watch at every funeral,
A world created to celebrated charm and wit,
Innumerable company posses the ethereal,
Our heroes walk slowly up into hollowed light.
The rapture of delta forces multiply in the sky,
The just are blessed, resurrected and translated,
Churned by the world martyrs greeted in eternity,
And given the rewards joyfully anticipated.
The tears we shed can make our hearts frail,
But in heaven; their will be a sacred gathering,
That no dusty method of frail flesh can assail,
Till all humanity groan in woes be forgiven.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Sacred Gathering by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay