A Riff on Gajanan Mishra 'I Know A Bird..'
I know a bird that sings and tweets
From a tree high on my street,
Every morning, every evening,
I hear it’s loud and mournful keening.
“I’m hungry, can you spare some seed,
I’ve grown so driven in my need;
Can you spare a drop of water?
I’m on my way across your border.
My aspiration: to range far
Across the heavens towards the stars;
A bit of seed and I’ll be gone,
I will include you in my song.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Riff on Gajanan Mishra 'I Know A Bird..' by David McLansky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Just For Blasphemy, One Is Killing Anoth.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Somtimes, tallulah montegue
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue