A Riff on Gajanan Mishra 'I Know A Bird..'
I know a bird that sings and tweets
From a tree high on my street,
Every morning, every evening,
I hear it’s loud and mournful keening.
“I’m hungry, can you spare some seed,
I’ve grown so driven in my need;
Can you spare a drop of water?
I’m on my way across your border.
My aspiration: to range far
Across the heavens towards the stars;
A bit of seed and I’ll be gone,
I will include you in my song.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Riff on Gajanan Mishra 'I Know A Bird..' by David McLansky )
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman