William Cowper (26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800 / Hertfordshire)
I am just two and two, I am warm, I am cold,
And the parent of numbers that cannot be told.
I am lawful, unlawful -- a duty, a fault,
I am often sold dear, good for nothing when bought;
An extraordinary boon, and a matter of course,
And yielded with pleasure when taken by force.
Poet Other Poems
- A Child Of God Longing To See Him Belove...
- A Comparison
- A Comparison. Addressed To A Young Lady
- A Fable
- A Figurative Description Of The Procedur...
- A Manual, More Ancient Than The Art Of P...
- A Poetical Epistle To Lady Austen
- A Riddle
- A Song : On The Green Margin
- A Song : The Sparkling Eye
- A Tale, Founded On A Fact, Which Happene...
- A Tale. June 1793
- Abuse of the Gospel
- Adam: A Sacred Drama. Act 1.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.