Waltz For Zizi
A Martyr Of Fantasies
And then the monsters,
they all gathered in my house
to see the people I named my friends
feast on the dreams in my soul
dreams that I dragged all my life, through the places I went to pray
for love, to the muses of others,
that now I struggle to write about
without misshaping their shillouettes, appearing and disappearing,
dancing with my pride, my love,
through the fumes of their cigarettes.
How surprised they are, to realise that I'm not dead,
just resting for a while, recuperating the love
I was fooled to lay at your feet,
in the dirt left by the sins of those that you loved before me.
But don't you dare cry for me now,
for I'm not crying for you anymore.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Martyr Of Fantasies by Waltz For Zizi )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John