A Happy New Year
Happy New Year
All over the world
Well does heaven rejoice, too.
Or is it our way
Of showing Him
That we're joyful
Over things we expect Him to do?
We make so many preparations
Just to celebrate
And be exceedingly glad.
To see another year
With new and old friends
But how long
Will this attitude last?
Happy New Year
Are we really sure
That anyone can depend on us?
For happiness should be continued
Everday within our hearts.
But the first day of January
We live to make a new start.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Happy New Year by Cecelia Weir )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Dr John Celes
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque
- After So Many Days You Called, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Strange!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life very quiet, hasmukh amathalal
- Good People are Going Away, Md. Ziaul Haque
- INSPIRED, ALLEN PHETOGO
- JESUS CHRIST, ALLEN PHETOGO
- FAITH, ALLEN PHETOGO