A ghost has entered
in my friend and
he sits there idle doing nothing
staring at pictures
or at the wall.
He says he is waiting
for something to happen,
some magic, or else.
As he waited for some love
for a very long time.
Asking other people
to make him fall in love
with some girls.
As if it happens like this.
Some magic he wanted
and now by some magic
he is a changed man.
a lot happened,
but still waiting.
This ghost seems will take
it's price before leaving my friend
subhadip bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Ghost by subhadip bhattacharya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
Poem of the Day
- Spitwads, Michael McFee
- Christmas Parties, Marilyn Lott
- Thought Web, Aftab Alam
- The University of Essex, Tom Raworth
- The Bridal Dance, Tony Adah
- Marcus Aurelius Rose, Lisa Jarnot
- Victoria Spivey's, David McLansky
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes