M.D Dinesh Nair
A FACE WITH A DIFFERENCE
I see somewhere around me
A face with a difference.
I see a face that`s not set on my face.
Its lips don`t kiss mine.
Its breath doesn`t feel mine
But I continue to see that face with a difference.
In the midst of faces that smile and sack
This is a different face indeed.
When I draw a picture of a face
I shall consider this one indeed.
This face has a thousand reflections
And in the twilight of my evening
I shall cherish this one face ever and ever.
In the corridors of my future unwoven
I shall chase this face henceforth.
My eyes see the difference
And that face begins to merge with mine.
My face turns upward to see
The things brighter and shapely.
I have now a face.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A FACE WITH A DIFFERENCE by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Night Before Christmas (at the cat l.., Randal Johnson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Language dilemna, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- My funeral, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- The Students into Terrorism, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Hater, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- What is me, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- So we free, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Nature on Earth (Acrostic 2), soulful heart
- Out of danger, hasmukh amathalal
- You owe it to yourself, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Essence of Humanity(Acrostic 1), soulful heart