A Dream To Chase
Everyone has a dream to chase
in hopes one day it will come true
that keeps them alive
during winter breezes
and the summer’s sun.
A dream that one day will flourish
whenever dreams come to call
in winter, spring summer and fall.
When one dream is fulfilled
a new one comes to take its place.
Some dreams are large
while others are small,
but every dream should be chased
whenever they come to call,
because they make our lives worth living.
How sad it would be
if we didn’t dream at all
and all those achievements we would make
would never come to call.
Our minds would remain
stagnant through the seasons
winter spring summer and fall
which whirl us though our years.
6 July 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream To Chase by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
- America, Angela K Brown
- Moonly Pride, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Civil Disobedience, Angela K Brown
- Brown Skin, Angela K Brown
- In Spirit With The King, Tone Lyriker
- Knaha Tu Knha Mey! !, Amitava Sur
- Lagacy of a Wave, Bill Cantrell
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns