A Dream To Chase
Everyone has a dream to chase
in hopes one day it will come true
that keeps them alive
during winter breezes
and the summer’s sun.
A dream that one day will flourish
whenever dreams come to call
in winter, spring summer and fall.
When one dream is fulfilled
a new one comes to take its place.
Some dreams are large
while others are small,
but every dream should be chased
whenever they come to call,
because they make our lives worth living.
How sad it would be
if we didn’t dream at all
and all those achievements we would make
would never come to call.
Our minds would remain
stagnant through the seasons
winter spring summer and fall
which whirl us though our years.
6 July 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream To Chase by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Look up or down, hasmukh amathalal
- Igor, Von Kimball Barney
- Does He Think Of Me, Brianna Kimball
- Live the life king size, hasmukh amathalal
- Tropic Interlude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Bear and the Crow, Stephen Katona
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul