Waltz For Zizi
A Different Fairytale
A different shape of her heart,
a creature of obsessive beauty,
a star born from the remains of another.
Fell from the sky's infinite blue
in love with the beast of beast
the rejected part of a god's heart.
Distance began to fade, transformed into a dream
as she, before him came
and a bride of two worlds became.
And we, the little ones, the race of humans
vanished in the collision of an earth and a sun
accidentaly in love with each other.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Different Fairytale by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)