a daughter's plea..
Dyed hair, trimmed mustache,
once six packs mid ribs,
ballooned as 'bear' belly,
toned biceps and triceps,
Dad, you do look handsome,
but do not let my bosom,
friends say that you are awesome,
Look at them as you look at me,
Treat them as you treat me,
Be they a secretary, a nurse,
a subordinate or a colleague,
a stranger or a school girl,
whoever they are as old as me,
at least treat them,
as you treat me.
respect them, as you respect me.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a daughter's plea.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery