I must say that I despise work,
For I put only 50% into it,
And I know that is mediocrity for you,
But that is my full effort to me.
Now, I cannot stand working
Behind a cubicle,
With people telling me what to do,
For I hate being bossed around,
And it is so boring in here.
I would rather work in a place
Where I could work with my hands
Or use my brain to do something creative
And innovative unlike
All of the paperwork we do here,
But since the work is so boring here,
I cannot help but give my 50%,
And I know it is half of
What you want from me,
But I rest my case.
Good day, ma'am.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (50% by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman