15th February 1997 - 15th February 2014
Winter casts remains - in February's chill
A shiver - tremors of dad's leaving
Assumpta est - bating his final delirium
Trapped reminiscent in a Palestrina Motet
all the moulding and the holding
His life of a certainty lived
A freedom captive in everyday duty
A world open - his world closed
At my looking and my asking
Our lives celebrant in this passage
Inspiration - my pencil - his final mask
Now - to each his own - breath
'Johnny' ' Johnny ' about the cliche critiques
A pictured field - real or lost
A drama - plays ownership - whose possession?
A call for a a final survival
' I will see you tomorrow - Goodbye '
A kiss - soon - his dead hand
Death warm - my words - unheard - unshared
In tomorrow with his forever presence
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (15th February 1997 - 15th February 2014 by michael oliver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK