RIC S. BASTASA
When he was insulted, he returned no insult
some questions i will ask for you today,
did you show your left cheek when your right was slapped?
did you walk another extra mile when you were ordered to
walk the required mile?
did you take his eye because your eye was taken away?
did you take his teeth because your teeth were removed by him?
did you insult him because he insulted you?
did you fight him because he started the fight himself?
did he oppress you and you remained silent?
did he steal from you and you tell the police that you freely gave the
stolen thing from you to him?
please answer me.
Did it now occur to you that it is hard to be a christian?
please answer me.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (100 by RIC S. BASTASA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Dreamland, Michael P. McParland
- Dreaming Of You, Michael P. McParland
- Dreaded Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Don't Say, I Said, Michael P. McParland
- it is Not My Business To See Who A Catho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- This situation, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Poetry is a triangular art', Pranab K. Chakraborty
- What have I Given To This Life, What Has.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- At least, SALINI NAIR