Other Forms of Creative Writing

Share and discuss about other forms of creative writing: memoir, playwriting, short story, songwriting, ... etc
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Elena Sandu Elena Sandu Female, 45, Romania (8/13/2013 6:18:00 AM)

I wish to know if anybody here have tried to connect poetry with other forms of art. I know it works pretty well with music painting and dance. To me a new form of creation are workshops. In the last two years I realized of how strong the power of words is, I am learning that poetry could be connected in so many ways to to communicate with many different arts. Until now I have tried to connect poetry with dance, theater music and nature. I can find poetry in about anything I see. But to help other people to find their own links with the poetry of own life and to develop a flow with it, is a total different thing than flowing my own pen.. With the help of wonderful friends have tried to facilitate a few workshops, some people were saying that poetry feels like healing. If you would read the wall may understand it. We have actually done that with people and each person felt pretty intense. A dove and crows I tried it as a sort of open conversation puppet story.It taught children how to say no and question if they feel to be treated unfair. I tried to connect people with the nature, one of my friends a great dancer searched for the color of her soul waltzing on fresh snow into the woods in winter, we danced with the river in autumn and tried to find and reproduce the growing, coming to life sounds in spring. Right now I am in preparation of a new workshop by which I suppose to be an alphabet of love. I think is is too cheesy and too sweet, clichee as most of my work, but my hope is that I will get the people to realize how little love they show to everything around them, even if they are brimming with. I believe poetry could become a way of life, it could be part of our daily pleasant routine. It is only a matter of intrerpretation and choice. Poetry might be shared thoughts shared imagery shared love shared motion. It can also be hate rage or revenge. A matter of choice, isn't it?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Calvin Curdle (11/2/2013 10:52:00 AM) Post reply

You can try writing a verse novel (Poetry+Novel) .

• Renji Mao (9/20/2013 6:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I often relate poetry to music to theater. After all, that's what opera is, right?

• Elena Sandu (9/21/2013 8:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thank you Renji! How lucky you are to express beauty also through music! Do you have the music posted on the internet?It would be great to listen to it.

• Khairul Ahsan (8/17/2013 1:19:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A very palatable food for thought. Workshops can be good vehicles to carry the inner beauty of poetry and spread it among the people at large. Yes, poetry is and can be a way of life, it could be part of our daily pleasant routine.

• Elena Sandu (9/21/2013 8:44:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thank you, Khairul yes indeed, as the sun warmth the skin, poetry, the heart, I'd want to be warmed by both every single day of my life.

[Hata Bildir]