Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Other Forms of Creative Writing

Share and discuss about other forms of creative writing: memoir, playwriting, short story, songwriting, ... etc
Post a message

• Sir Zvavanhuvevhu (4/14/2014 3:28:00 PM) Post reply

Teach me to swim.
    I don't want to go  the  gym.
    Teach me  a Hymn
    That I can hum.
    Teach me all.
    That a child  should know.
    Teach me to walk in snow. 
    When the festive season is new.
    Teach me in the morning Dew.
    I know, my brain cells are too few,
    Just teach me that I should know.
    Peter pan, Robbin Hood, Rumbletilltiskin.
    If God to you is forbidden.

• Sir Zvavanhuvevhu (4/11/2014 5:54:00 PM) Post reply

Ndibate Zimbabwe.
    Ndibate chero pawandibata.
    Bata Bata chero wandibata.
    Ita seunozora Bata.
    Usarega kubata wakati MBA a a a  a a a a! ?! ?! ?! ??.
    Ndibate semabatiro avanoitana pachivhiti vhiti.
    Dzvanya wakambandidzira chiriki riki.
    Ndibate chero pasingabatiki. 
    Ruvoko rwako ngarwusvike parwusati rwambosvika.
    Pauri zvomene Musika Vanhu vakasika.
    Ndinongosvika rangu Sadza wabika,
    Mvura yokugeza  , watotuvidza.
    Ndibate Zimbabwe  nyatsonditi Mba a a aa a a a a a a a! ! ! ! .

Bata nechapapapa
    Ugobata nechapapapa.
    Uchisviyanga Nyanga dzapapapa.
    Ukavona meso ndatsinzinyira kubutsvatsvatsva.
    Ziva zvino  pandiri atove makubukasva.
    Wandibata  sewakabata rwatsvatsva murutsva.
    Zimbabwe ndinokupa ndose! .
    Kurumidza  mhani kundibata Bata.
    Vasati vasvika vaya zvitota.
    Kuzotota mastaera ekubatana. 
    Ndibate panyama nhete.
    Ndibate seusingadi kundibata.
    Ndibate pausakambondibata..
    Kana waNdibata ndobata denga.
    Bata  a a a a a a a a a a a  a a  a a a a a a a! ! ! ! ! ! .

Ndibate 

Other forms of intimating with your mother country.

• Coco Soup (4/10/2014 2:36:00 AM) Post reply

More and more parents buy their children a toy, but have you ever thought about that why they buy a toy?It’s really benefitable to their children.

First, a toy helps children to learn to speak. You may notice that when playing with toys, children chat with them, even though nobody can understand what they say. However, it is the chat that can help children how to speak his mother tongue. With some help from the parents, the skills of using a language can develop fast.

Then, a toy helps children to learn the world around him or her. To some extent, a toy is something fresh to a little tiny. The colorful designs and the soft touches of the toys can stir their sight, auditory sense and touch sense.

Maybe stuffed dinosaur presents (toyswill.com) to children can teach them a lesson of how to accept others.

• Sir Zvavanhuvevhu (4/9/2014 5:20:00 PM) Post reply

How to write a poet 's profile,
    You may be wondering what a profile look like??????! ! ! ...! ??! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?! ?.

Then stop and take a look at my short profile.
    Then try and write yours.

PROFILE.

Brand  :                Sir ZVAVANHUVEVHU.
    Name:                 Jerrimos  .
    Surname:             Mugweni.
    D.O.B.      ;              15 December 1985
    Gender.  :             Male.
    Physical address:     21. Gora street 
                                    New Mabvuku
                                    Harare
                                    Zimbabwe 
                                    Southern Africa.
    e-mail address:       Zvavanhuartstrustinternational@gmail.com
    Cell.  :                     +263775009204
    Facebook.  :            Poet Zvavanhuvevhu
    Twitter    :             Sirzvavanhu
    Linked inn:             Sir zvavanhu

This is a story  of a. Controversial, multitalented,  jack of all and Master of all. A writer, poet, filmmaker, Actor, Producer /Director  of poetry in moving pictures, Founder  of Zvavanhuvevhu arts Trust International.
    Born  on the evening of Sunday the 15th  of December  1985, The year of Wisdom in Zimbabwe. The only child from  his mother 's womb.
    This is a profile of  One of Zimbabwe's Great men.

The former youngest  board  Member of  an NGO, The Centre of People Living with HIV in Zimbabwe. Grew up in Belgravia area of Harare.
    Did his primary education at St Joseph's primary school in chishawasha, secondary education at Mount Pleasant high school. Were he discovered his writing and reading   Discipline. At 16 he was chosen amongst many youths to represent them in the board of Trustee of  The Centre.

Who is Sir Zvavanhu?.

He   is a humorous, humble, patient, committed, persistent, philosophical, self content lamenter of poetic jokes, protests, sonnets and  translate  English Language to his mother language Shona.
    Articulating realistic maters of life, transforming cultures, tribes, generations  and relating them to fun and humorous  facts.   
    Writter of African poetry
    Actor of the reality of zimbabwean  and African people.
    The voice of Zimbabwean Poets internationally.
    Writer of Zimbabwean  culture and tradition.
    Writer of Zimbabwean drums.
    Lover of all, loved by all. For All.
    A child-riot and a com patriot.
    A singer of Zimbabwean songs.
    A Dancer of African drums. 
    A Percussionist of poetry.
    A  revolutionist.
    A Pan-Africanist.
    And  a Christian. 

Personal Achievements.

] ZVAVANHUVEVHU  Arts Trust.
     Zvavanhuvevhu arts trust  in a Grass roots  non profit  trust              organisation that  nature, mentors  and disciple  young people  in their literal skills, promoting  team work helping them get published   And to identify      their potential in writing.

] produced and directed  five(5) poets in a project called  ;                " Madzoko Endgaringo." a Shona word meaning " The comeback of poetic Jokes" . A project produced. By Chipawo productions together with Zvavanhu arts trust.2013

].  Director  of Rhythm  and Rhyme    On ZBC TV 
    Rhythm &Rhyme was a ten minutes programme  On  the Zimbabwe broadcasting  television   Teens show YOUNG GIFTED AND TALENTED. (YGT) .

].    ZCCD  Kumusha  cultural exhibition  2012-2014.
          Took part in the cultural exchange of short story and poetry readings.

].    An all time house of hunger winner and  

See you. In the morning.

• Sir Zvavanhuvevhu (4/8/2014 10:42:00 AM) Post reply

REVIEW  OF THE BOOK  " WE THE  PEOPLE " AND ITS LAUCH?

The  night of the 2nd day of April fools saw the spectacular  launch of a historical  compilation of various people's   Views and narrations     of the 31st day of March 2008, a day that left many with questions than answers, a day that saw the domination of power over the people.. In a book entitled

" WE    THE   PEOPLE."  

A lovely procession of  5 beautiful ladies, young and some in their middle ages led by Ms  rutendo chigudu  , took turns to entertain  the    ordinary  full house   Book cafe Audience  of artists, writers, professors, doctors, activists, social entrepreneurs, business people, traditional leaders, literates and literary literates.

Every reading  came in such a blow to the listening  ears, as each  of them was directly or indirectly addressing to a specific  zimbabwean  individual who might have taken their time to go early in the morning of 
    March 31st 2008. A day which saw an election in Zimbabwe.  That  brought fear, shock, despair, disillusionment as some  celebrations busted  out of the political  violence  that at one time left  some  with  what I can call   " ELECTION MARKS" , whilst some where left, homeless and instead, where to wait  for a result that left many doubting  and even asking them the question, why did the people vote?.

O oh Democracy, art thou so vile a beast, so wicked a monster, so undefiled an evil spell????.

The night  saw  uttermost peace and tranquility in such a way  that in was a book launch  and not some political gathering that Crisis  coalition or some other NGO in Zimbabwe  organised. There was freedom to interaction and speech that on the table I was  seated  with some white  gentlemen, I failed to see race and it's finishing line,  all I  could see were people. 
    But still, can the stories surrounding the 31st day of March on our zimbabwean  Callander just go untold! ?.

" we the people" is. A book that was written by  Mr McDonald lewanika together with Delta Milayo Ndou, McDonald lewanika, who then edited the book, was that night  seen on top of every question that was being raised in the house.
    The writers  As a master of social justice and political activism  himself  he clearly  writes  that:

" If  Zimbabwe  was to burn, all will burn in it."  

in this Statement, we see his patriotism to the nation and it's people. He emphasises that  which  the former Kenyan  president, the late Jomo Kenyata once said. That
    " We are Africans  not because we were  born in  Africa,  But. We are  Africans  because Africa was  born in us. "
    Meaning, it feeds from us, it lives in us, it moves  with us, when we fight, it suffers, when  we are stressed, it's stressed. When we are happy  , Africa is happy.

The Zimbabwean politics, like any other  African country  has been suffering   Political injustice, political immaturity  , corruption, and a lot that can not be put in words. The 31st day of March 2008 another day to remember. In the Zimbabwean history.
    As far as delta Milayo Ndou  and McDonald lewanika  are concerned, they have managed to put the words of the same effect in  one plate. And now left for us  as a people to take them to action or not. One thing to note is, irregardless of us taking charge of the Social  Activism steering wheel. The bus can drive itself. In this technological world full of. Face book and Whatsapp, Twitter, etc.

Review by 

$ir ZVAVANHUVEVHU JERIMOS Mugweni.

• Sir Zvavanhuvevhu (4/8/2014 10:36:00 AM) Post reply

An example of a book review.

REVIEW  OF THE BOOK  " WE THE  PEOPLE " AND ITS LAUCH?

The  night of the 2nd day of April fools saw the spectacular  launch of a historical  compilation of various people's   Views and narrations     of the 31st day of March 2008, a day that left many with questions than answers, a day that saw the domination of power over the people.. In a book entitled

" WE    THE   PEOPLE."  

A lovely procession of  5 beautiful ladies, young and some in their middle ages led by Ms  rutendo chigudu  , took turns to entertain  the    ordinary  full house   Book cafe Audience  of artists, writers, professors, doctors, activists, social entrepreneurs, business people, traditional leaders, literates and literary literates.

Every reading  came in such a blow to the listening  ears, as each  of them was directly or indirectly addressing to a specific  zimbabwean  individual who might have taken their time to go early in the morning of 
    March 31st 2008. A day which saw an election in Zimbabwe.  That  brought fear, shock, despair, disillusionment as some  celebrations busted  out of the political  violence  that at one time left  some  with  what I can call   " ELECTION MARKS" , whilst some where left, homeless and instead, where to wait  for a result that left many doubting  and even asking them the question, why did the people vote?.

O oh Democracy, art thou so vile a beast, so wicked a monster, so undefiled an evil spell????.

The night  saw  uttermost peace and tranquility in such a way  that in was a book launch  and not some political gathering that Crisis  coalition or some other NGO in Zimbabwe  organised. There was freedom to interaction and speech that on the table I was  seated  with some white  gentlemen, I failed to see race and it's finishing line,  all I  could see were people. 
    But still, can the stories surrounding the 31st day of March on our zimbabwean  Callander just go untold! ?.

" we the people" is. A book that was written by  Mr McDonald lewanika together with Delta Milayo Ndou, McDonald lewanika, who then edited the book, was that night  seen on top of every question that was being raised in the house.
    The writers  As a master of social justice and political activism  himself  he clearly  writes  that:

" If  Zimbabwe  was to burn, all will burn in it."  

in this Statement, we see his patriotism to the nation and it's people. He emphasises that  which  the former Kenyan  president, the late Jomo Kenyata once said. That
    " We are Africans  not because we were  born in  Africa,  But. We are  Africans  because Africa was  born in us. "
    Meaning, it feeds from us, it lives in us, it moves  with us, when we fight, it suffers, when  we are stressed, it's stressed. When we are happy  , Africa is happy.

The Zimbabwean politics, like any other  African country  has been suffering   Political injustice, political immaturity  , corruption, and a lot that can not be put in words. The 31st day of March 2008 another day to remember. In the Zimbabwean history.
    As far as delta Milayo Ndou  and McDonald lewanika  are concerned, they have managed to put the words of the same effect in  one plate. And now left for us  as a people to take them to action or not. One thing to note is, irregardless of us taking charge of the Social  Activism steering wheel. The bus can drive itself. In this technological world full of. Face book and Whatsapp, Twitter, etc.

Review by 

$ir ZVAVANHUVEVHU JERIMOS Mugweni.

• John Brown (11/9/2013 2:49:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello everyone (anyone) . It's my first post on this forum. I have lots of poems on the site, but wondered if it is acceptable to post a (very) short story here in the forum. Any advice would be welcome.

Replies for this message:
    • Robert Graber (4/15/2014 11:12:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, John. Thanks very much indeed for commenting on Uncle Ikey's Last Words #26!

• Sir Zvavanhuvevhu (4/8/2014 10:39:00 AM) Post reply

This forum is for other forms of writing besides poetry. You can post anything that's not poetical here dear. Please. Feel free to post your short stories for lazy readers like us.

• Pedro Andres Rodriguez (11/6/2013 10:35:00 AM) Post reply

New Dawn

I dreamt of you last night, best one in ages. We walked along a country road in autumn holding hands, enjoying each other and the gift of life. On that day, we built a bridge, an unbreakable bond, that made us one. At the edge of a dry stream, with the morning sun beaming upon us, I pledged my love and everything I own; to hold you for a day. I woke with a gleaming smile knowing dreams are not the realm of happiness, that it lives in us waiting to emerge like a new dawn. You are my new dawn.

Pedro Andres Rodriguez

• Calvin Curdle (11/2/2013 11:10:00 AM) Post reply

I am working on a verse story which is not complete yet. What I want is some comments or advice to make it more appealing. So I am posting it here in a form of series. Enjoy.

VIEWS

IN THE BAR

(Woman)
    I knocked on the counter in threes
    Once, twice, thrice
    And turned
    Inward the bar was quiet
    Dark and lifeless.
    The benches were dead.
    I heard footsteps
    I turned.
    It was a boy about ten.
    Can I have a bottle please.

(Boy)
    We have closed.

(Woman)
    A friend is celebrating his birthday.
    I want to suprise him.

(Boy)
    The time is ten. We have closed.

(Woman)
    Pleeaasse.
    I am just one person.
    I am buying a bottle. It would not take long.

(Boy)
    My mother would be back soon.
    I will sleep with marks if she meet me selling.

(Woman)
    His expressions especially the face was begging
    But the bottle I also needed.

(Boy)
    I can't help you.

(Woman)
    He turned, living, but
    Grab! I had his arm in my hand.
    He looked. Suprise
    Spelt his eyes.
    I know what to do.
    Wait. What is your name?

(Boy)
    Abeku

(Woman)
    In hand bag,
    My hand ransacked
    And pulled
    A red note.
    Abeku
    I pressed the note into his hand
    I folded that hand.
    Please get me that bottle.
    Two forces battled in the boy
    I could feel it
    As his eyes stared.
    I kept looking into his eyes.

(Abeku)
    Okay

(Woman)
    Thank you.

(Abeku)
    What do you want?

(Woman)
    One of the strongest you have got.

(Abeku)
    Which one. They are many strongs.

(Woman)
    You choose for me.
    I saw him dissappear
    In the dark ahead.
    And as I stared I was lost to the present and found in the
    past.

THE PAST

(Lucy)
    I was resting my body since lectures wrere over.
    The time struck 8: 30 pm. Feeling quite bored,
    I decided to see Frank. He stayed not on campus.
    It was a matter of foot works and not vehicle wheels.
    So I sneaked like a snake from my room and into
    The lighted town.
    By 30 min time I was on Frank's compound.
    Good evening.

(Tenant {Woman})
    Evening

(Lucy)
    Please is Frank in?

(Tenant{Woman})
    Yes

(Lucy)
    Thank you.
    The house I invaded and climbed upstairs.
    I knocked the door in quick threes.
    Once, I waited, waited, waited
    Twice, waited and waited
    Thrice I waited.
    If Frank must be asleep these should wake him up!
    Or, What is happening?
    Click, click, click
    How can I help you?

• Manohar Bhatia (8/31/2013 8:43:00 AM) Post reply

Hello,
    I have a plan and manuscripts ready to start a poetry quotation quiz.Here sentences of past great poets/writers/authors are picked up from old books of say 100 years and put before the readers with one additional word anywhere in that sentence.Quizes of 7 or more quotations can be started with a 15 day period for solving the correct word of the poet as written in his book. Solutions with full sources of that quotation will be given on the 16th day.At present these competitions will be free, but later prizes can be offered. Ineed partners to run this exciting competitions, where some of the greatest thought provoking quotes will be on display.Please reply.

[Hata Bildir]