Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Publishing

Post a message
  • Jessica Hernandez (teardrop) (8/5/2012 9:32:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, I am Jessica. I have been thinking about making a book of my poems and publishing it but i dont know what to do or how to get started. So if anyone could give me some advice or anything would like you help thank you.

Replies for this message:
    • Titi Dale (9/30/2012 4:40:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Jessica. I am younger than you are, and I am thinking about publishing a book. I am not very knowledgeable about this topic, but I can give you a few tips. The first thing you need to do is know ... more

• Doug Bentley (7/21/2012 4:45:00 PM) Post reply

BRIEF REQUIEM FOR THE ENGLISH EDITOR:
    Man has used vocal chords for communication for many hundreds of thousands of years, writing for maybe fifty(?) . At 1500 years of age or so, English is a precocious infant tongue. Its codified grammar spans less than an eye blink. Shakespeare never studied grammar: it wouldn't be codified until more than 250 years later. Speech primary, writing derivative, there are no grammar books on oral English usage, either.

About 1,000 million people on this planet use English.330 million in the US,60 million in the UK. So, International English is the new norm. When a tonal language like Putonghua, most common on the globe, collides with English, effects are structural. Our complex, fragmented verb formations, A or B prepositional logic, either/or standard conjunction categories are fractured. Putonghua is more in tune with our new authority on global English usage- " www." - and its instant everywhere.

With that, language itself, a living vibrating membrane of ever-recreative intelligence, falls subject to arcane equations of algorithms and search engines- math, not phonetics. Google, not the Queen is now king. That's a very great pity.- Remember your memories?They're experiences, not theories.

In our world, Science, self-proclaimed high priest, issues its new bulls daily. Today's " You Should" is tomorrow's " Oops! " One can't put one's faith in theories with a shelf life of only a few months. We marvel at the " miracles" of western medicine. Its goal is to keep us alive: its failure rate is 100%. Soon it may succeed in its mission. Personally, the thought of spending physical immortality on this planet is purgatorial nightmare. Behavior without the consequence of death knows no boundaries. And education is a foolish prescription to put faith in.

For at least a generation, masses education, as the purveyor of yesterday's knowledge, has been obsolete. Yet schooling around the globe is still stuck in that content hypnosis mode; what to learn, not process how. The educator must continue to churn out generations of intellectual giants with childish characters, and will do so until doomsday. That's built into the business. An obscure hope may be the repair of the human brain itself. It's anatomically mad, you know.

But I digress. The multiplication of stored memory produced by the printing press is now a gradient orders of magnitude steeper with " www." . As memory transfer technology, major effects of " http://" may not be understood for decades. Yet, again, personal experience references a point. Reading a book requires an almost autistic disconnection from environment: the internet demands participation. Either A or B is both A and B with " www." - another reason education's real challenge and role is soft skills evolution. Crudely, EQ not IQ refinement; intuition, not intellect and will.

In pith, every major technology, from sandal to rocket, glove to satellite grid, tribal fire to Saudi Oil, has magnified Man's mental topographies and scope of experience. Poetic material, the sum of our remembered personal experience, is today a mosaic with far more complex patterns and horizons than the printing press bound hierophant of parochial, partisan, tiny, elitist publications- the english editor- can legislate or arbitrate. With its democratizing platform, the internet has not only made the Arab Spring a side-effect of " www." , it has relocated 880,000+ global English poems to a new address @ PoemHunter.Com, Paris.

• Josip Juraj (6/29/2012 11:39:00 AM) Post reply

Hi all

• Josip Juraj (6/29/2012 11:38:00 AM) Post reply

Congratulations

• Dr Syed Anwar Yarkhan Jilani (6/6/2012 2:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I desire to publish my book in a printed book format this year end. Kindly advice how to (1) copyright; (2) catalog; (3) distribution to book sellers; and (4) an estimated cost for a 100 page 1/5th size paperback. Oblige.
    Also on anwaryarkhan at gmail dot com if you wish.

• Karunesh Agrawal (7/19/2012 12:53:00 AM) Post reply

Dear Dr Syed Please contact us at info@cyberwit.net http://cyberwit.net/ Cyberwit seeks to publish the best in Poetry from novoices to established poets. Our published Anthologies and Journal T ... more

• Milton Junior (6/5/2012 8:02:00 AM) Post reply

Here I go. This poem of mine was written a long ago. Please post a comment. Thanks.

The empty house

There come I for rebuilding my place.
    Suddenly, improper words thrown onto my face.
    Till, somehow, I realized such a fool I have been.
    Stoned, bruised, ruined to death, lacking esteem.

Bottom-up, spider webs involve the owner’s soul
    Pale looks, brooding postures, fear touches and cold.
    Disrupted lives, shallow-hearted, impure behaviour
    Bleaches up morning daylight, no one of me being a saviour.

Echoes shower the site, once filled with glittering smiles
    Nothing else stays the same, in place, only rest dirty files.
    T’ house now, all withdrawn into silence, abandoned in it, afterwards
    There remained debris of empty spirits, whining inner wars.

Milton P. Jr.
    BH, Brazil, 26/09/05

• William F Glennon (4/29/2012 12:54:00 PM) Post reply

Greetings fellow poets: -)

Wondering if any of you had your poetry published?How would I go about it doing it?
    Any recomendations or helpful hints would be most appreciated.

William F Glennon

• ijah Hoston (4/27/2012 11:14:00 PM) Post reply

THAT WAS GREAT IT EXPLAIN ALL THE PAIN OF PEOPLE THE WORDS WHERE TOGATHER HOW DID YOU GET YOUR TO SOUND AND LOOKGREAT I GUESS WHT IM ASKING IS WHERE DID YOUR STORY WHICH IS YOUR POEM GET THAT WAY DID YOU THINK ABOUT IT OR DID YOU JUST HAD THAT HAPPPEN BEFORE BASICALLY DIDI IT COME FROM YOUR EMOTION????

• Yunes Ramahi (3/13/2012 11:14:00 AM) Post reply

I have won

Waking up with tears,
    Running down my face.
    Seems to be familiar,
    Around this ol' place.

Everyone's saddened,
    By everyone's heart.
    Stories about crime,
    And how we fall apart.

Our laughter had faded,
    More than years ago.
    Yet we carry our smiles,
    So nobody will know.

finch reading ]] http://gooftastic.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-have-won.html

• Qing Qin (3/9/2012 9:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello American guys, why not learn Chinese poems ? Don't you know the Chinese are the king of poetry?
    ???????,???,????????,??????
    ???????,???,????
    ???????,???,???,????,??????
    ???????,???,????

[Hata Bildir]