Teen Poetry and Discussions

Post a message
  • Kira Parson (9/20/2013 7:56:00 PM) Post reply

hi im kira parson im 14 i only have 3 poems on here but im working on more. it would mean the world to me if you guys would check out my poems on here and leave any comments or sugestions on how to improve my writing thx guys :)

• Sharni Mcmaster (8/30/2013 2:52:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

HEY! im sharni and im 14 and new here. i love poetry and im a singer. so yeah..i joined here because i wanted to share my poems, i write a poem each day. it helps me relax and share my feelings..thanks

Replies for this message:
    • Renji Mao (9/20/2013 5:07:00 PM) Post reply

I'm new here too! I also write one poem each day (although I'm slowing down now) . Welcome to Poemhunter!

• Rains Of Bloom (8/20/2013 12:32:00 AM) Post reply

i am getting really tired of everyone constantly posting " can you check out my poems?" if you write poems just for everyone else to see them there's no point. you can run to your mother for praise, you shouldn't feel if you are not praised, you are not worthy. when you work for yourself, then you have earned.

• Dannielle Smedley (8/19/2013 3:54:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, I joined yesterday, and I'm a young poet. I'd be so grateful if you all took the time to read a few of my poems and give me some feedback. I'd really like to be the the best poet I possibly can be! :)

• Rookie - 10 Points Kitty Smith (8/18/2013 6:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am a young poem who would greatly apericiate if you could read my poems, thank you

• Rookie - 445 Points Edgar Stevens (8/6/2013 3:49:00 AM) Post reply

Poem Hunter Poetry Contest has officially started. You can enter with your favorite poem now or write a new one and submit it before August 31st,2013.

Prize is $1,000 for the winner and $250 for the 2nd and 3rd place..

You can write in any poetic style and on any subject.

Entering the contest is free.

Details: http://www.poemhunter.com/contest/

• Rookie - 445 Points Abubakar Abdulkadir (7/30/2013 4:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

What am i?
    I appear twice in a WEEK, you can only see me once in a YEAR, I appear at the end of JUNE, yet i am in the middle of a SEA. what am i?

Send your response to my E-mail at abuabdul4peace@gmail.com

• Rookie - 445 Points Abubakar Abdulkadir (7/30/2013 4:47:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It is so embarasing that poets on this site bark at any constructive critism of thier poems. Why is it dat all we want poeple to comment about our poems is nice poem, good write, ... This site is meant for development and therefore, we should welcome constructive critism to make us a better we. Remember that if we get all the sugary comments we desire on this site, if we are not enough, we might end up disgracing our selves in an important place someday. Please, if you are interested in constructive critism, send your poems to this email address, abuabdul4peace@gmail.com

• Rains Of Bloom (8/20/2013 12:28:00 AM) Post reply

so your only intrested in critisizing?you dont beleive in praise?give reward where reward is earned. everything goes both ways.

• Rookie - 445 Points Carlos Kaun (7/1/2013 11:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

In the yellow grass
    Lies a broken piece
    Over the same hill where
    Violets die in peace.
    Everyone knows that
    You cannot hide forever.
    On the far out hill
    Under the gray bridge
    Jealous thoughts collide
    Undoubted dreams die
    Little angry men go screaming
    Isn't it almost dark?
    Silence takes the hand.
    Sycamore trees are gleaming.
    And everything falls to the demons.

P
    A
    Y

A
    T
    T
    E
    N
    T
    I
    O
    N

• Rookie - 33 Points Valentine Mbagu (6/22/2013 8:19:00 AM) Post reply

Loneliness! A distress to my soul! A moment when love is aborted! A period when my loved ones despise me! A time when the ones l love cast me away! A moment when the Happiness from my beloved have all faded! In loneliness was l, when my heart became soiled with sorrow! In loneliness was l, when that which mattered most to me in life meant nothing to me! Loneliness! The power lack l to turn the hands of time! A time when love is known! A period when the ones l love also love me! Who will cheer me up?Who will but understand the loneliness of my heart?Who can fill the emptiness of my heart?Who can give back that which was lost?Who can restore the lost moment of love in my heart?Loneliness! In loneliness learnt l the ways of life, the path of sorrow and the ways of rejection. I was lonely when the earth poured out it's bowls of love on me.

[Hata Bildir]