Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Ketan Hukare (5/21/2014 5:27:00 AM) Post reply

I have written my feelings about the lost city of Pompeii. All the talented poets can have a watch. Comments will be acknowledged.
    Thank you

• N P. (5/20/2014 1:12:00 PM) Post reply

Hi I am a beginner looking for people to critique my work and give me feedback/advice.

http://www.poemhunter.com/nicholas-paradis/poems/

-Nick

• Lee Roberts (5/19/2014 1:26:00 PM) Post reply

hi everyone am new to this site feel free to read my poems comment or drop me a line

• Tweetspeak Poetry (5/19/2014 7:51:00 AM) Post reply

Enjoyed reading through some of the introductions.

I'm L.L., the Managing Editor at Tweetspeak Poetry, where we read and write poetry together and altogether try to create a poetic life. You might know of us from seeing either Poetry at Work Day (January) or Take Your Poet to Work Day (coming again in July) . Or maybe you've heard of the Great Poetry Dare, which has just been so much fun.

I saw one of you is trying sonnets. We have a very amusing infographic on sonnet writing called The Art of a Quatrain Wreck. And another of you writes ghazals (we have a fun infographic on that too and I suspect we could learn something from the ghazal writer here! :) Another of you is new to poetry. Welcome. Such a potential life changer.

I look forward to getting to know you and thinking on poems and poetry with you.

• Micha Memory Asime (5/14/2014 10:47:00 AM) Post reply

Hi folks. My poems may not seem much and mean much...but I will like you to read it anyway...and all comments are welcomed. Thanks.

• Talab . (5/12/2014 2:58:00 AM) Post reply

Hi folks. I write ghazals now though earlier I used to write English poetry. Ghazals somehow afford more freedom of expression is what I feel. All reviews, critiques, tips and comments are always welcome. That, I believe, is how we grow. My nom de plume is Talab, which means thirst in urdu. You can read all my ghazals at www.poemhunter.com/talab

• Leylek D. Sovura (5/11/2014 9:22:00 AM) Post reply

Hello fellas,

an introduction is something, i think is kind of overrated. The poems we write show faccets and truths about us.
    SO i thought, if you want to see, what kind of a human i am, you should totally read some of my poems.
    I warn you. Many are dark, some are poorly written and there are some grammatical mistakes, but i do not regret posting
    eveb one of them.

Tl; DR: Read my poems; if you have some time comment on them; I am in your care. Ty.

• Jason Lee (5/10/2014 7:52:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I am new to this website. Actually, I'm new to poetry altogether. I tend to like the ones that rhyme. They seem so beautiful.

Anyways, I was feeling really emotional today and I decided to write poetry on a whim, which has produced the 2 poems that I have up now.

So here I am! Any tips or critiques are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

(Yes my poems are depressing. I apologize. It's because I'm very depressed and suicidal.)

• Thenameless Poet (5/10/2014 4:46:00 AM) Post reply

Hi my new poetic pals. Im, as you can probably tell, new to the website and all. Im TheNameless Poet and cant wait to see opinions on my work, Ive been itching to see what opinions and perspectives on my pieces you'll scratch up.....see what i did there?anyway hope they'll be good and if i happen to share my opinion/perspective with you I hope it helps your career/hobby/lifestyle in poetry.
    Oh and P.S my poems barely rhyme, I like slam poetry, poems that tell a story and ones that make me question everything.: D

Have fun and write!

• Richard Beevor (5/6/2014 12:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi I'm Richard Allen Beevor, sometimes hopeful poet, wishing I could be better, would appreciate any comments, good or bad, advice, just about anything to give me some help, got a lot of poems so have a read please. I have a url its http://www.poemhunter.com/richard-allen-beevor/ I think I can use it here, many thanks to anyone who helps.

Replies for this message:
    • Shahzia Batool (5/6/2014 1:50:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you so much Richard Beevor for the kind comment, i'm obliged and will reciprocate for sure by visiting your poems. obliged! regards, shahzia

[Hata Bildir]