Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Rookie - 0 Points Bruce Robinson (9/25/2014 5:36:00 AM) Post reply

I just found this site by accident during a search for a poem I'd been struggling to remember. The poem in question was read by a computer, which I want to update with real speech complete with my Northern Irish brogue. As such I'd be grateful if someone can let me know how to upload the reading of a poem?Many thanks, Bruce

• Rookie - 5 Points James Toghill (9/24/2014 4:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi Everyone , im James i have only just joined this site today 24/09/2014. My Daughter asked me to write a short Poem about War which she is to read out in Her College very soon, so here goes my 1st Poem listed on here, i will add more in time, hope you like.
    WAR BRINGS PROFIT
    DANK DENSE FIELDS
    HIDE DEEP EMOTION
    AIRPLANE BLITZ AHEAD
    PANIC AND COMMOTION
    STENCH OF WAR
    BODIES BLOWN APART
    TRAGIC LOSS OF LIVE
    RIPPED OUT HEART
    HATED GREED AGGRESSION
    SOME WIN LOSE
    SIT AROUND THE TABLE
    LEADERS WILL MUSE
    COUNTRIES MEN AGES
    PEACE NEVER YIELDS
    PROFIT IN WAR
    SILENT POPPY FIELDS
    24/09/2014

Replies for this message:
    • Soulful Heart (10/10/2014 1:00:00 AM) Post reply

Silent poppy fields and silence of death that pervades all through the world....................war and its horrors can be understood only when you have seen one around you.............ages and ages o ... more

• Rookie - 1 Points Ketan Hukare (9/23/2014 11:07:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone,
    I invite you to read my new poem POMPEII. Well it was appreciated offline. Lets see what magic it does when your blessed eyes behold it.
    You can also leave a comment, so i may improve to become just like you guys!

• Freshman - 2,946 Points Soulful Heart (9/23/2014 9:33:00 AM) Post reply

well I am sure everybody wrote poems when they were kids....so reading my poems if you remember your own childhood poems and it brings a shy smile on your face then I have achieved my purpose.....as you see smiles straight from heart are rare nowadays....now do I remind you the poem'Once upon a time' of Gabriel okara?just check out my childhood poems and enjoy.....

• Silver Star - 8,881 Points Mohammad Skati (9/22/2014 8:30:00 AM) Post reply

I would like to publish my poem on a few different webs just to let more read them. I just wrote some new poems. Thanks.

• Rookie - 307 Points Vincent Onyeche (9/20/2014 5:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello everyone, I'm Vincent Onyeche.
    Checkout My Piece of Art here on poemhunter
    or visit my poem-blog: http://
    thetruepoesy.wordpress.com

I love criticism so please don't hold a
    constructive one to yourself alone, drop it like it hurts. Thanks to all.

• Rookie - 113 Points Marques De Valia (9/20/2014 1:11:00 PM) Post reply

Kono ato wa genso-tekidesu. Ki wa ikite miemasu! Mata: Ikutsu ka wa matte chinmoku, sono tokutei no oto o kikimasu. Aodake wa, tekisetsuna irodearu - sore wa kufukudearu koto o omoidasaseru. Dansa, chokoku, inku to peinto no sae yuza to Dada no shijin ga kaigo/ d wa, sekai no senso ni hantaidatta. De kyoka sa reta, to anaki wa onaji ni naru koto wanai. `Panku' wa, nioi no mokuzai wa tsujo, watashitachiha inotta jiin-nai no rosuto moeru sutikkudesu. Dare ka shinda: Subete no watashinouta wa hontoni koreha. To dojo ni kawatta. Soshite tori wa ikutsu ka no tane o tabe crapped, oyobi oku-nen ga keika shi, ima sore wa watashitachi ga shite iru subete nodesu. Shikashi, watashitachiha tori no kuso ni iru to itte imasu, matawa watashi wa chofun gureto Source to senta, subete no gen'in no gen'indearu koto o itte iru?Iya, orokana, soreha joniĀ· Mitcheru no yona yori oku nodesu.

this art is fantastic. the wood looks alive!
    also: some wait and listen for Silence, that particular Sound.
    the green bamboo is the proper colour - it reminds me of being hungry.
    the Dada poets associate/d with Dancers, Sculptors, even Users of Ink and Paint were allowed in. it was against world war, and Anarchy would never be the same.
    a " punk" is a stick of burning, smelly wood usually roasted in temples where we prayed.
    all my poetry is really this: somebody died. and turned into the soil. and a bird ate some seeds and crapped, and a billion years passed and now That Is All We Are.
    but am i saying that We Are Bird Droppings, or am i saying that Bird Droppings Are The Great Source And Center, The Cause of All Causes? no, silly, it's more like Joni Mitchell.

• Rookie - 155 Points Aidan Cost (9/20/2014 6:25:00 AM) Post reply

Hello, My name is aidan, I am a young british poet, and I have begun writing again, I hope to see some constructive criticism on my works, please and thank you :)

• Rookie - 303 Points John Ugolo Umah (9/19/2014 11:17:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

My Name is John Ugolo Umah, please, you all welcome to read, rate and make your nice comment about me or my poems through the website given below... http://www.poemhunter.com /john-ugolo-umah/ Blessings...

• Rookie - 324 Points John Masaitis (9/16/2014 7:18:00 PM) Post reply

hi there I am new to this site and have just started back writing poetry. I am not very good in the punctuation department when it comes to the poems I write so if you could help anyone in that aspect and any feedback would be helpful. I am a roofer who writes about things that happened in my life and things I find interesting to write about. mostly Life and the world we live in. Looking to read and meet new poets

[Hata Bildir]