Treasure Island

Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Sharilynn Reaser (8/9/2014 2:38:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I'd just like to invite you all to read my poems. I use poetry as a form of therapy for myself to get out feelings I'm having... I think it can be very therapeutic and cathartic, so some of my poetry is very emotionally based, but I think it is very artistic too.

• Chibueze Osuji (8/6/2014 1:58:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Greetings;
    Firstly, I want to thank you all for this opportunity. And secondly it is great to be in your midst. This is my page link here, I'll like you all to read my poems. Thank you as you read.
    [a href=" http://www.poemhunter.com/chibueze-oscar-osuji/" ][u]Click to read my poems on www.poemhunter.com[/u][/a]

• Tamisha Johnson (8/5/2014 6:37:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello everyone, Im Mimi: -) ..I love poetry and Im very enthusiastic about joining..I write occasionally but I love to read poems. Please stop by anytime..: -)
    -Time waits not for a soul, it rushes by and then you" re old.
    -And it will not ask if you are rich or poor, it only wants to place you at the correct door.
    Which door waits for you when your work here is done?

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (8/4/2014 10:30:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Respected friends and poets, I am so much interested to read best of the poems in languages and prefer great works of English poems. Also I have written few poems in poem hunter com with all limitations. I feel happy to getting such a chance of communication and reading the postings of great minds of the world which I think it is a correct forum of friendship in the larger interest of human relations and friendship. I am also reading the tips useful in the forum pages.

• Cheryl Griffith (8/1/2014 8:26:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hello,
    I am Cheryl Griffith. I am a returning member and have been back about almost two months now. To me poetry is life and life is poetry so I live poetry. It is the passion of life that drives me to write. I mostly write on serious issues but being a romantic person, I also write on love. Please visit my page here on PoemHunter and read some of my poems I know you will enjoy them. I am also a performing poet and also like to paint, draw, and dance. I sometimes host poetry workshops in my community where I live and in schools. So enough about me for now please read and enjoy and do rate or comment my work I will appreciate it very much.

• Shirley Morgan (7/27/2014 4:19:00 PM) Post reply Stage

name is Shirley Morgan and I really enjoy writing. My work can be viewed on poemhunter and also my blog atshirleymorgan (Bookwhirl blog) don
    harold.typepad.com/ifyouonlyknew

Coming soon the above will be published in Hollywood weekly magazine! I'm excited will you also be happy for me.

• Aanuoluwa Adebanjo (7/27/2014 10:07:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hello,
    I am Aanuoluwa Adebanjo, a Nigerian. I have passion for writing.
    My hobbies are; daydreaming, singing, drawing, reading and writing.
    I don't believe in writing things worth reading alone but living a life worth writing about. I spend my free times rumenating on my headful of thoughts.
    You're welcome to visit my poet page on poemhunter @ http://www.poemhunter.com/aanuoluwa-adebanjo/

• Kyle Schlicher (7/25/2014 3:55:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I am Kyle Schlicher. I am an American and have been writing poetry since 1961. I am a Vietnam veteran and a graduate of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
    I studied creative writing & English literature and had some poetry published early in my writing career. I hit a roadblock in life in 1976 and withdrew from life in general while writing only for my own personal pleasure.
    Four years, my daughter convinced me to buy a laptop to work on my poetry. I bought it and for three years I did nothing with the boxes of hand written poems but now I am transferring everything to my computer.
    I joined Poemhunter 3 days ago and have enjoyed sharing my writings and reading the writings of fellow poets worldwide.
    Keep writing and never-NEVER-let anyone discourage you!

Replies for this message:
  • Lily Mosweu (7/24/2014 11:29:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hello everyone :) !
    My name is Lily, a 24year old young lady from the beautiful African country, Botswana.

My passion for wordplay was ignited by the pain & loneliness I went through as a teenager. From the years of 12 pen & paper have been my friends, my refuge from the realities of life.

To call myself a poet, I dared not for I felt too little to ever imagine myself as one. As I grew & shared some of my emotions written down, it felt so right to elevate myself to standards I never dreamt of. So this is the first step.

• Toju Peppeh (7/22/2014 8:54:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hi everyone,
    My name is sonia Peppeh, or Toju. i am 18 years old, i started writing at the age of 14, i love to write poems, it a medium i use to clear my chest, funny enough my poems are mostly not meant to be understood easily but rather is a puzzle and most often the opposite of what i actually feel so as to protect my personal person.
    I am partly Ghanaian and partly Nigerian, but based in Ghana. I hope to learn a lot from reading your poems and from your comments.

Poetically yours,
    Sonia.

[Hata Bildir]