Poet's Introductions

Post a message
  • Olive Villarama (3/7/2014 4:45:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, this is Olive. :)) I have been reading poems through this website before but it's just this year that I've got the courage to be a member and share my poem with the world. I would really appreciate if you will take time to read some of my piece or maybe all, if you please. I would also love comments and criticisms as I treat myself as a writer in process, continuing to learn from the world, from the people around me, from experiences, even from little ones that most of us don't get to notice the relevance.

Thank you. May you always have a nice day. :)))

Replies for this message:
  • Phoebe Harris (3/5/2014 1:27:00 PM) Post reply

Hi - I'm Phoebe. I would really appreciate it if anyone could read and comment on my poems, as I would love some feedback! I will be sure to read and comment on yours as well! Thanks :)

• Monk E. Biz (3/3/2014 11:53:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I am exploding with life and love, why not write about it NOW?

• David Shoestring (3/2/2014 3:42:00 PM) Post reply

Like many others on this site I suspect, I am new to ‘going public’ with my poems and verse. Writing is generally a lonely pursuit and often twinned with a lack of confidence, which means that we are reluctant to share the results of our labours with other people. In the end, the compulsion to communicate thoughts and ideas brings us to sites such as this in the hope that someone ‘out there’ will read and understand what we are struggling to say.
    In my poems and verses I try to input verbal rhythms and speech patterns, and to tell a story or make comments about current events, political topics and day to day happenings in my own life and past. Sometimes these are humorous; sometimes sarcastic; and sometimes slightly poignant and sad …… as in the case of the ‘Oscar Night - Lust to Dust’ a poem highly topical at this moment.
    Your comments, criticism or praise (especially the last) would be very welcome - but hopefully will not alter what I write.

• Anne Havell (2/27/2014 12:22:00 PM) Post reply

I have been using PoemHunter for about a year for the purpose of reading some of the poems written by members at my poetry reading group. I've at long last decided to take courage and upload some of my own poems onto this website. I welcome literary criticism particularly with reference to rhythm and meter and to the flow of my poetry. Some poets make it look so easy, but I'm aware of the hard work that goes into this aspect of poetry.

• Ila Sumam (2/25/2014 12:27:00 PM) Post reply

Hello all!

I'm Ila...and I love poetry.See, I'm growing and I think my poems deal with that process-the insecurities, doubts, questions...and I terribly lack critics.Hope you'll be kind enough to help.

Thankyou!

Ila

• Isaac Banda (2/24/2014 12:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hie,
    am new to this website. i so much love poetry. i have read countless poems, but writing, no, am not an expert. i have written very few, and am not even sure whether they are good. so am hoping to learn a lot from this website.

Isaac

• Eesha Syed (2/24/2014 11:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Yup its perfectly alright! 'cause practice makes a person perfect :) I wasn't good at the beginning which often made me feel depressed but by writing whatever came has made me able enough to create ... more

• Chiloi Obrien (2/23/2014 9:36:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I love poetry but am terribly unlearned in it. I enjoy trying though. Any and all criticism is appreciated. I tend to write vicariously through the experiences of my friends who have quite dramatic lives at times.

• John Roth (2/23/2014 6:57:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone! I found this website while I was googling “What is Poetry”. PoemHunter may be just the place for me. I’ve had no formal training in writing poetry. The more I read, the more I enjoy. I’ve put down on paper and in computer memory a few sequences of words. Are they poems? Are they good poems? I don’t know. I look forward to anyone’s constructive criticism. See in the forum “Critiques and Revision”. - Jack

• Lesley Merrin (2/23/2014 11:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have written about sixteen poems but have been ill for two years and spent eight months in hospital but all that is behind me now and I'm back to writing poetry again. I've just started going to a poetry night with an open mic so maybe will pluck up the courage to read them out.

• Eesha Syed (2/24/2014 11:51:00 PM) Post reply

Wishing you best of luck! I applaud you for returning to writing poetry :)

[Hata Bildir]