Poet's Introductions

If you are a new member or just returned, introduce yourself and your poetry, your website or blog here.
Post a message

• Shirley Morgan (7/27/2014 4:19:00 PM) Post reply

name is Shirley Morgan and I really enjoy writing. My work can be viewed on poemhunter and also my blog atshirleymorgan (Bookwhirl blog) don
    harold.typepad.com/ifyouonlyknew

Coming soon the above will be published in Hollywood weekly magazine! I'm excited will you also be happy for me.

• Aanuoluwa Adebanjo (7/27/2014 10:07:00 AM) Post reply

Hello,
    I am Aanuoluwa Adebanjo, a Nigerian. I have passion for writing.
    My hobbies are; daydreaming, singing, drawing, reading and writing.
    I don't believe in writing things worth reading alone but living a life worth writing about. I spend my free times rumenating on my headful of thoughts.
    You're welcome to visit my poet page on poemhunter @ http://www.poemhunter.com/aanuoluwa-adebanjo/

• Kyle Schlicher (7/25/2014 3:55:00 PM) Post reply

I am Kyle Schlicher. I am an American and have been writing poetry since 1961. I am a Vietnam veteran and a graduate of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
    I studied creative writing & English literature and had some poetry published early in my writing career. I hit a roadblock in life in 1976 and withdrew from life in general while writing only for my own personal pleasure.
    Four years, my daughter convinced me to buy a laptop to work on my poetry. I bought it and for three years I did nothing with the boxes of hand written poems but now I am transferring everything to my computer.
    I joined Poemhunter 3 days ago and have enjoyed sharing my writings and reading the writings of fellow poets worldwide.
    Keep writing and never-NEVER-let anyone discourage you!

• Lily Mosweu (7/24/2014 11:29:00 PM) Post reply

Hello everyone :) !
    My name is Lily, a 24year old young lady from the beautiful African country, Botswana.

My passion for wordplay was ignited by the pain & loneliness I went through as a teenager. From the years of 12 pen & paper have been my friends, my refuge from the realities of life.

To call myself a poet, I dared not for I felt too little to ever imagine myself as one. As I grew & shared some of my emotions written down, it felt so right to elevate myself to standards I never dreamt of. So this is the first step.

• Toju Peppeh (7/22/2014 8:54:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone,
    My name is sonia Peppeh, or Toju. i am 18 years old, i started writing at the age of 14, i love to write poems, it a medium i use to clear my chest, funny enough my poems are mostly not meant to be understood easily but rather is a puzzle and most often the opposite of what i actually feel so as to protect my personal person.
    I am partly Ghanaian and partly Nigerian, but based in Ghana. I hope to learn a lot from reading your poems and from your comments.

Poetically yours,
    Sonia.

• Madelyn Latte (7/22/2014 8:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hello people, nice to see you on my profile, I like to introduce myself so, lets begin!

My name is Madelyn, Maddy for short, I'm born and raised in Europe but, England is my favorite country and my favorite city is London. I write poems for 13 years now, in English.

My favorite quote is: All that glitters is not gold, The Hobbit is my favorite movie, I like Harry Potter also.

I write poems with rhyme, sometimes Free verse too. I start a few weeks ago with Haiku, so I'm a beginner, but I like that writing style. My favorite genre is Spiritual.

I'm a young adult, I have one younger sister, I love my dog very much.

My hobby's are; drawing, swimming and reading.

This is enough for now, I love to make some new friends here, don't be shy, I do not bite(;

Friendly Regards: Madelyn

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Lori Palazzo (7/20/2014 9:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hello I'm Lori Palazzo and I love to write poetry as a way to express myself, my thoughts and feelings. I also love to read the submissions of others work as a way to get to know their innermost thoughts and feelings. I look to nature as a way to get my creative juices flowing as it allows my mind and heart to open up and I can just feel. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you through your poetry and I hope you enjoy and are touched by mine as well.

Replies for this message:
  • Saumya Gilra (7/19/2014 6:55:00 AM) Post reply

Hello!
    I'm Saumya Gilra and i love writing poems! I would appreciate if you could just go through my poems such as #the life of a cloud# and other such poems i would feel great if you liked my poems
    thank you!

• Colin Jeffery (7/18/2014 2:11:00 AM) Post reply

Dear fellow poets and poem lovers,

My ebook of seventy poems ‘ The Agony and the Ecstasy’ is now available from the kindle store on Amazon. I hope you will support me and get a copy and tell your family and friends, and perhaps review the collection. All the poems have been published in magazines. I now have six ebooks on kindle. If you want to find them: Go to ‘ Amazon.’ - - on the webepage you will see ‘ALL.’ Click on the little pointer to the right to lower menu - - click on ‘ Kindle Store’ type ‘Colin Jeffery’ into search panel. Press go. My books will appear.
    Thank you for you kind interest for which I am most grateful.

Colin Ian Jeffery

• Eesha Raaziah Naqvi (7/16/2014 1:37:00 AM) Post reply

Hello poets! I hope everyone is fine and doing well!
    I've returned to poemhunter.com after one-and-a-half month but this time via a new account. My previous one was by my then pen name Eesha Syed but since I shifted to another city in a hurry, I've lost hold of it. So this forum message is meant to inform everyone concerned that Eesha Syed and Eesha Raaziah Naqvi - my finalised pen name for literary works - are two accounts of the same and sole poet.
    While I was away, I worked on my debut poetry collection, currently its in process. So yeah, this literary bond between us - the reader and the writer - will continue growing stronger and stronger till God wills!
    Meanwhile I'll keep you updated with latest news of my debut book and latest poems via this sole active account. Take care and keep encouraging whilst reading and writing!

[Hata Bildir]