Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Astha Gupta (9/21/2013 2:05:00 AM) Post reply

Dear fellow poets,

I am reading some beautiful poetry here and it has been fantastic so far! Please do spare some time to read mine and share your thoughts / ratings: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/crescendo-6/

Warm regards,
    Astha

• Elena Sandu (9/20/2013 10:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Dear PoemHunter contest organizers, congratulation for this activity, poets of all over the world reading and sharing, what a great joy! Please could you put up the rules for the contest again?Could we vote excellent for more than one poem?How many poems are in the contest?Is there a way to have displayed the list of the poems?

Replies for this message:
    • Khairul Ahsan (9/24/2013 7:53:00 PM) Post reply

Yes, they deserve all our thanks for organizing the contest. I would expect a little more transparency and a little more elaboration on the contest rules. My contest status has not changed in two days ... more

• Astha Gupta (9/21/2013 2:09:00 AM) Post reply

I had the same questions Elana! thanks for posting and looking forward to reading and voting for your poems..

• Bri Edwards (9/20/2013 6:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

can anyone tell me (please) how to find a poem (i know its name and author's name) which has been submitted to the contest now in progress
    on poemhunter, WITHOUT having to click through scores (hundreds?) of poem titles looking for it? i do not plan to enter a poem myself, but i've
    been asked to look at and vote on a friend's poem. THANKS. bri :)
    p.s. i found the poem once after minutes of clicking, but i accidentally clicked it away and could not figure out a way to go back to it.

Replies for this message:
    • Elena Sandu (9/20/2013 9:47:00 PM) Post reply

Good question! I hope it will be answered. For now maybe there is only one thing that you can do, ask your friend to send you the link. Good luck

• Vikas Joshi (9/20/2013 8:54:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everybody, here is a little poem written by me.
    Read and vote,
    http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/i-wanna-free/

• Biljana Popovic (9/20/2013 12:54:00 AM) Post reply

Good morning to all of you! My contest poem is about lave lost in the civil war in ex-Yugoslavia. Two lovers meet after 20 years- Vote if You like it - http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/the-return-58/

• John Estipona (9/19/2013 11:56:00 PM) Post reply

The Lord is Good

It doesn’t matter what I am to others, what matter the most is “I know the fact that He knows me and accepted me completely.

Though he must be the last person I want if not ever wanting to. If only I can hide myself from him I will. But even this thought is not unknown to him, that is when I did not yet know this fact that He knows completely my ins and out, yet accepted me completely for what I am.

Have I not known this fact: I would have envied you & others, for I know in my heart that He knows you particularly, pouring blessings you and others have….

I thought for awhile, “Though I was not being rewarded for what I thought I should deserved like others do, blessings I didn't deserved was all I have been receiving all the while! ”

In the end I realized, all the Goodness that I did not deserved was the one installed for me!

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalms+139&version=NIVUK

• John Estipona (9/19/2013 11:56:00 PM) Post reply

God’s Designed for Me
    Excerpt by Kai Lim

At the dawn of my life, I shall look to the advent of the light.
    Blissfully ignorant, a happy creature of nature with neither dreams nor cares. I exist and I am glad.

In the morning of my life, I shall look up to the sky, bath my face in sunshine, and bask in the glory of God’s smile. I see only the ever-expanding horizon, hear the siren call of foreign tongues, and feel the tug of strange and wondrous lands.

In the noontime of my life, I shall look askance at the shadows newly gather at my feet. They mirror to my motions and mock my stance. They are a contrast of my corporeal wants and my ethereal needs.

In the twilight of my life, I shall look to the dusk and I shall gather within me, my memories of loves, of kindness, and of travels. Though the shadows lengthen and the darkness deepens, still I shall fear no evil.

In the evening of my life when the light has faded, I shall open my eyes and shine out like a beacon. For within me is the memory of light, of love, and of the goodness of the Lord. And I shall have no fear of the silence and of the darkness to come.

• John Estipona (9/19/2013 11:54:00 PM) Post reply

Past, Present and Future

I love the present as I cherished the past!
    While I let go of the Past, I move on to the Present
    And work to the betterment of the Future...

For I know all things are made perfect,
    through the past to the present,
    leaving all the rest to Jesus to be the Lord of my Future!

Mahal ko ang kasalukuyan kasabay sa pag gunita ng aking nakaraan!
    Sa pag palaya ko ng aking nakaraan, ako'y tumuloy sa kasalukuyan
    Para buohin ang aking hinaharap…

Datapwat ako’y naniniwala, lahat ng bagay ay may sadyang kabuohan,
    Simula sa nakaraan tungo sa hanganan ng kasalukuyan,
    Ipinaubaya ko kay Jesus na siyang aking panginoon ang aking hinaharap!

• Joaquin Santana (9/19/2013 7:12:00 PM) Post reply

Hey whats a good average when you get votes on your poem?How does this work?Do you get 1 point for excellent, .50 points for excellent,1 point for fair, .50 for fair and so on?

• Uca Tri Agusla Budiastuti (9/19/2013 5:52:00 PM) Post reply

My poem 'Her Dejected Plot' is eagerly waiting for you to read and criticize!
    As I am always blind to find its flaws myself (even when I know flaws are everywhere) , I need someone to point that out for me! So I give this student-to-teacher-stare for you, just in case you don't mind to kindly check out my poem for this student of yours: -)

[Hata Bildir]