• Poemhunter Moderator (10/8/2014 6:34:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Silverfish Review Press
    Gerald Cable Book Award

Deadline: October 15,2014
    Entry Fee: $25
    E-mail address: sfrpress@earthlink.net

A prize of $1,000, publication by Silverfish Review Press, and 25 author copies is given annually for a first poetry collection. Dorianne Laux will judge. Poets who have not published a full-length poetry collection may submit a manuscript of at least 48 pages with a $25 entry fee, which includes a copy of the winning book, by October 15. All entries are considered for publication. Send an SASE, e-mail, or visit the website for complete guidelines.

Silverfish Review Press, Gerald Cable Book Award, P.O. Box 3541, Eugene, OR 97403. (541) 344-5060. Rodger Moody, Series Editor.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/8/2014 6:33:00 AM) Post reply

Comstock Review
    Chapbook Contest

Deadline: October 15,2014
    Entry Fee: $30
    E-mail address: poetry@comstockreview.org

A prize of $1,000, publication by Comstock Writers Group, and 50 author copies will be given biennially for a poetry chapbook. The editors will judge. Submit a manuscript of 25 to 34 pages with a $30 entry fee, which includes a copy of the winning chapbook, by October 15. Visit the website for complete guidelines.

Comstock Review, Chapbook Contest,4956 St. John Drive, Syracuse, NY 13215. Betsy Anderson and Michael A. Sickler, Managing Editors.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/8/2014 6:33:00 AM) Post reply

Flipped Eye Publishing
    Venture Award

Deadline: October 17,2014
    Entry Fee: $34
    E-mail address: venture@flippedeye.net

A prize of £1,000 (approximately $1,680) and publication by Flipped Eye Publishing will be given annually for a poetry chapbook. Tara Betts will judge. Submit a manuscript of up to 15 pages via e-mail with a £20 (approximately $34) entry fee by October 17. Visit the website for complete guidelines.

Flipped Eye Publishing, Venture Award, P.O. Box 43771, London W14 8ZY, United Kingdom.

• Rookie - 60 Points Natasa To (10/7/2014 8:31:00 AM) Post reply

Love to read all the poems. They are so good and feed my soul with love.
    Thanks so much to all the poets who love to read my poems.

• Rookie - 0 Points Kelechi Evans (10/5/2014 10:36:00 AM) Post reply

I looked for her she was not around I searched for her she could not be found How soon our life folds up And is rolled away to the great beyound No! She could not h've crossed, the great gate yet It must be a dream she will soon be back with a tap on the door And in his usual playful gesture, grin and declear, comeoff it, its all a joke Alas, so soon, it can't be true The meeting was brief, our activities brisk, her depature a grif with no farewell speech, oh! death, you are a thief with no resect for kings and infants How true the adage, make hay while the sun shines and what can be done today leave not for the morrow for yesterday is past, And tomorrow may ne'er be, mother your memory will i cherish it will never perish till we meet to no part, i hope someday, somewhere in eternity.

• Rookie - 547 Points Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (10/3/2014 8:16:00 AM) Post reply

I had been posted my poetry more than 50 in the poetry hunter but my popularity list is being very low its only 13 popularity list but before it was 23 popularity list how it come down to 13 list of popularity?I really confused it.

• Rookie - 184 Points Zoila T. Flores (10/2/2014 1:10:00 PM) Post reply

Poetry Contests should, in my opinion, be FREE to participate. Having in mind that Poets have no a consistent income. However, we have lots of talent to portray our mind- gold.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/2/2014 9:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Troubadour International Poetry Prize

Closing date: 20th October,2014.
    Prizes: £5,000, £1,000, £500, twenty £25 runners-up, plus Coffee House Poetry season ticket.
    Entry fee: £5/€6/$8.
    Poems, up to 45 lines

Email: CoffPoetry@aol.com

Replies for this message:
  • Poemhunter Moderator (10/2/2014 9:51:00 AM) Post reply

Venture Award
    Closing date: 17th October,2014.

Prizes: £1,000 plus publication
    Entry fee: £20
    For poetry collections, unpublished, up to 15 pages
    Enter by email only

Email: Venture@flippedeye.net

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/2/2014 9:51:00 AM) Post reply

SLAMbassadors UK is the Poetry Society's national youth slam championships, the longest running in the country. Established in 2002 it is committed to finding and nurturing the next generation of spoken word artists. Entries are submitted via filmed poem on the theme of Identity, and will be judged by a panel of artists including Kate Tempest. The 6 final winners will be invited to London to attend a master class led by poet Joelle Taylor, before performing a debut professional set at the Royal Festival Hall on October 31st.
    Open to all 12 -18 year olds resident in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

Closing date: midnight 10th October,2014.
    Email: jtaylor@poetrysociety.org.uk
    Entry details: slam.poetrysociety.org.uk

[Hata Bildir]