Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Poemhunter Moderator (10/23/2014 10:31:00 AM) Post reply

Autumn House Press
    Poetry Chapbook Prize

Deadline: November 1,2014
    Entry Fee: $20

A prize of $1,000 and publication by Autumn House Press is given annually for a poetry chapbook. The winning work will also appear in Coal Hill Review online. Michael Simms will judge. Submit a manuscript of 12 to 20 pages with a $20 entry fee by November 1. All entries are considered for publication in Coal Hill Review. Visit the website for complete guidelines.

Autumn House Press, Poetry Chapbook Prize, P.O. Box 60100, Pittsburgh, PA 15211.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/23/2014 10:30:00 AM) Post reply

Mid-American Review
    Poetry and Fiction Contests

Entry Fee: $10
    E-mail address: clouda@bgsu.edu

Two prizes of $1,000 each and publication in Mid-American Review are given annually for a single poem and a short story. Submit up to three poems for the James Wright Poetry Award or a short story of up to 6,000 words for the Sherwood Anderson Fiction Award with a $10 entry fee, which includes a copy of the prize issue, by November 1. Visit the website for complete guidelines.

Mid-American Review, Poetry and Fiction Contests, Box W, English Department, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403. (419) 372-2725. Abigail Cloud, Editor in Chief.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/23/2014 10:30:00 AM) Post reply

Sow's Ear Poetry Review
    Poetry Prize

Entry Fee: $27
    E-mail address: rglesman@gmail.com

A prize of $1,000 and publication in Sow's Ear Poetry Review is given annually for a poem. John Brehm will judge. Submit up to five poems with a $27 entry fee, which includes a subscription to Sow's Ear Poetry Review, by November 1. Send an SASE, e-mail, or visit the website for complete guidelines.

Sow's Ear Poetry Review, Poetry Prize, P.O. Box 127, Millwood, VA 22646. (540) 955-3955. Robert G. Lesman, Managing Editor.

• Rookie - 140 Points A K Das Mridul (10/23/2014 5:55:00 AM) Post reply

I want to participate The 2014 National Poetry Competition by my poem Moonshine Woman.

Title: Moonshine Woman
    Poet: A K Das Mridul

I owe you my love to live the human life,
    Settle on your lap like children,
    Sleep and hear the story of loner dome,
    Fall asleep by the affection of your soft hand.

I shall be the companion of your heart in the rainy night,
    Embracing and listen the song flown from beyond of the cloud,
    Sip the raindrop from your lower lip,
    Touch your heart keeping ear on your bosom.

I will pass across a life with you,
    Create a garden with romance of so loving pairs,
    Sitting there in moonshine, hear the tune of magic flute,
    Keeping head on your bosom, breath on the fragrance of Hasnahena.

I shall be your company on the way in winter morning so calm with dew drops,
    Have color on the door to heart and love from way to way,
    Shall I be the rhyme of natural beauty in your heart,
    Wipe the sun sweat by soft hand.

Human life, shall I screen my life with you,
    Build the kingdom of love like heaven,
    Being the king, put crown on your head,
    Return at the dark night by the ray of full moon sweeping your body.

Shall I be the wave in your heart on ocean sway in full-moon,
    Swim in your heart under the cast of water shine,
    Deliver a cozy soft touch to the agitation in your heart,
    Dye the moonshine in the heart take smell of your beauty.

I will pass across a life with you.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/21/2014 11:41:00 AM) Post reply

Ariadne's Thread Competition

120 lines maximum, no minimum, the title is not included in the word count. Lines between text/stanzas are not counted. All entries are judged anonymously: do not include your name on the document. All entries submitted can be on any subject, and written in any style or form. Entrants may enter up to 5 poems per entry but they are allowed to submit any number of separate entries. Entrants may withdraw entries from the competition by notification in writing; entry fees will not be refunded. The first prize is £600; the deadline for entries to the prize is the midnight of 31/10/2014; besides the first prize, there will be 3 honourable commendations who will receive a free one year subscription of the magazine; all winners and short-listed poems will be published in the magazine.
    £4 entry for non subscribers or £3 for magazine subscribers

Contact: Read rules, access the entry forms to enter by post or pay via paypal and enter through our online system here.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/21/2014 11:40:00 AM) Post reply

Derby Human Right Festival Poetry Competition

Open to all living in the midlands who are 16+. For poems on the theme of TRUTH.

For more details and conditions of entry see website http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/
    https: //www.facebook.com/spectrum.derbyshire

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/21/2014 11:40:00 AM) Post reply

The 2014 National Poetry Competition

This year the judges are Glyn Maxwell, Roddy Lumsden and Zoë Skoulding and the prizes are £5,000 for the overall winner, £2,000 for the second, £1,000 for the third, with seven commendations of £100. The top three winners are also published in the Poetry Society's leading international journal, The Poetry Review. The deadline is 31 October and you can enter online now or download an entry form from the Poetry Society website.

Since its launch in 1978, the Poetry Society’s National Poetry Competition has marked a milestone in the careers of many of today’s leading poets. Previous winners include Philip Gross, Jo Shapcott, Tony Harrison, and the Poet Laureate, Carol Ann Duffy.

• Poemhunter Moderator (10/21/2014 11:39:00 AM) Post reply

RHINO Poetry 2015 Founder’s Prize

1st Prize - 1 winner will receive $300 and publication in the 2015 issue.
    2nd Prize - 2 runners-up will receive $50 and publication in the 2015 issue.
    The poems selected will be posted to our website. Send up to 5 unpublished poems (no more than 5 pages total) .
    GUIDELINES
    Submission Dates: September 1 - October 31 — MUST BE POSTMARKED OR TIMESTAMPED.
    $10 Entry Fee.
    Submissions must include a cover letter listing your name, address, email address and/or telephone number as well as titles of the poems.
    No identifying information should be on the poems.
    Manuscripts will not be returned.
    If mailing, include a SASE for notification of each.
    Label your contest submission: “Founders’ Contest.”
    All contest submissions will also be considered for regular publication in the 2015 edition of RHINO.

Winner and runners-up will be announced on our website: www.rhinopoetry.org

MAILING ADDRESS
    RHINO, The Poetry Forum
    P.O. Box 591
    Evanston, IL 60204
    E-SUBMISSIONS www.rhinopoetry.org

Bare Fiction Prize 2014

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: OCTOBER 31st 2014
    Bare Fiction Magazine has launched its inaugural Bare Fiction Prize with awards for Poetry, Flash Fiction, and Short Story with a total prize fund of £2500.
    All winners will be published in the Spring 2015 issue of Bare Fiction Magazine and on the magazine’s website, with the prizes to be awarded at the Spring launch reading in London in March 2015.
    Judges: Adam Horovitz (poetry) and Angela Readman (flash fiction) will read all entries in their categories. Short story judges Tania Hershman & Rachel Trezise will select winners from a longlist of 50 writers chosen by filter judge Penny Thomas (fiction editor at Seren Books) .
    Prizes (in each category)
    1st Prize: £500 2nd Prize: £200 3rd Prize: £100
    plus 4 Highly Commended Awards of £25.
    Cost per entry:
    Flash Fiction Entries: £6 / £4 for subscribers
    Short Story Entries: £8 / £6 for subscribers
    Poetry Entries: £5 / £3 for subscribers

For more details, including competition rules, please visit: http://www.barefictionmagazine.co.uk/competitions

Remarque Prize - premier event form The Artistic Horde: 25 Oct Frontline Club on theme of " Conflict" .

Judges: writer Sebastian Faulks, contemporary poets Anthony Anaxagorou and Roundhouse winner Hibaq Osman.
    Open to 16-25 y.o in 3 categories: written work, performance poetry (inc hip-hop) and art.
    Set up by a 17 y.o to challenge negative media stereotypes of young people and run for and by young people in social enterprise The Artisitc Horde.
    Supported by Forward Arts Foundation, Malorie Blackman and poet Ian Macmillan.
    Please encourage young people to submit work to showcase breadth of talent. UK wide, some funding available to help shortlisted candidates travel if unable to do so.

See http://presswire.com/content/1321993/remarque-prize-new-performance-poetry-and-photography-competition-16-25-yr-olds and http://www.theartistichorde.info/remarque-prize-2014/ Entries via: https: //theremarque.submittable.com/submit

[Hata Bildir]