Treasure Island

Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Peter Maxharya (10/1/2012 4:37:00 PM) Post reply

Hey you all there poetic party people introducing my brand new poem titled 'i loved you' hope u enjoy the read to the maximum while i enjoys urs too!

• Milan Van Zuyen (10/1/2012 1:56:00 PM) Post reply

Hello all you beautiful fellow poets!
    I just posted a new poem called 'The Dragon's Bard' if anyone cares to take a look...and rate and comment! Lol I also have other works to browse through as well.
    Here's the thing, I'm still fairly new to the site and it means worlds to me to see my work actually being read...and EVEN more so when I see actual rating and read comments on my poetry. (today was the first time I saw that ANY of my poems had been rated...ever. And it was a great thrill to see that! ! !) So please, please, please come check out my writings and feel free to dropp a note! Thank You All!
    =D

• Mbanaso Samuel (10/1/2012 4:43:00 AM) Post reply

please dear poets read my first poem and tell me about it. visit my profile

• Trinidad Villafranca (9/30/2012 12:45:00 PM) Post reply

Dear Poets I invite you to read my latest poems both " The love of a mother" and No memories no pictures

Touching the parts of life few are willing to recognize such as

Adoption through the eyes of the child
    Adoption through the eyes of the parent
    Rape
    Drugs
    and well real life

All Poems are welcome send me a message with the title of the poem
    I would love to read/ comment

Sincerely,
    Trinidad Villafranca

• Gwenevere Cornwell (9/27/2012 3:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

I have a challenge for everybody who is on PoemHunter.com and reads this post: Please write a poem with these guidelines, and submit it online. Then message me, with a copy of the poem: -must be about a real life experience, or real emotions, might be past experience -must be about freedom, not oppression and pain -must be positive -must have the word 'free' OR 'love' OR 'hope' in it -must be at least two verses long
    Thank you so much for your participation. I look forward to reading your attempts. G

Replies for this message:
    • Namrata Nath (10/2/2012 6:35:00 AM) Post reply

hey gwen..this challenge seems simpler and i'm answering this first... THE RISING SUN OF HOPE With the red rising sun Thousands and thousands of hopes arise The red colour symbolises The importa ... more

• Joanna E. King (9/29/2012 4:27:00 PM) Post reply

Gwenevere, Here is my submission to your contest. I " hope" you " love" it : -) . Sleepwalking© Come, my love, down rose petal path, Where songbird doth surround. Fill m ... more

• Fredoneth Jonelas (9/28/2012 8:46:00 PM) Post reply

Good day. This is my response to your post madame. Hope you like it. A Parable of You Lovely as wonder Clear like water Sun in the morning Stars during evening A rose with dew A flowe ... more

• John May (9/28/2012 12:08:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, Gwenevere Cornwell... I accept yo ... more

• Shivani Misra (9/27/2012 6:15:00 AM) Post reply

Hii people: D
    I am new to this site but promise to flood u all with d best poems. Anyway as we r all poem lovers here and the members of one same big family, i would like you all to read the poems that i write and vote n comment your honest opinions. :)
    I want a chance to know how i write and to improve.
    Happy writing.
    Happy reading.
    : D
    regards,
    shivani.
    thank you all.

• Rajat Kumar (9/27/2012 2:49:00 AM) Post reply

hey everyone I am new to this site, but I promise all of u to provide all the poems which I have composed up to now.

thankss to them who have read my poems recently & i want to request them to continue this in future regardss, , .

• Daniel Einstein (9/26/2012 6:17:00 PM) Post reply

Here I am again guys, just wanted to let you know, I am back on duty, feel free to send me at least two of your
    Favorite poems that you have written and I will accordingly rate them and comment on them to the best of my ability.
    Have a great day.

• Erica Young (9/26/2012 12:56:00 PM) Post reply

Hello Everybody Out There Who Took There Time Out To Visit This Site.Thank You So Much It Means Alot To Me.I Would Like It If You All Could View My Mind OF Arts, This Is All Me.I Hope You All Like It As Well As Enjoy It Maybe Get Something From It.These Are All My Experience And Feeling(.God Bless)

• Jody Moody (9/26/2012 2:29:00 AM) Post reply

I am new here. I only have 4 poems on my page right now. I am not too sure how this place works but if you want to take a look at my poems, please do. I am not going to ask you to rate them or comment on them because it doesn't really matter, either way my poems are my poems. but if you want to go to my page and give me tips and advice on how to navigate and create my site, that would be awsome! ! thank you!

[Hata Bildir]