Learn More

Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Rookie Onku .ghosh. (10/1/2013 10:37:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi everyone,
    Thanks a lot to those who have read my poem.Those who haven't read Motherhood, there's a request...please read it.I won't dissappoint you for sure.
    Thank you
    Onku Ghosh

• Rookie - 97 Points Indranil Bhaduri (10/1/2013 9:23:00 AM) Post reply

Respected fellow poets. I would be most happy if you read through my simple poem 'End Of Existence' which is written regarding Female infanticide. The link is given below. Please vote and comment. With good wishes to all.

http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/end-of-existence/

• Rookie Chidera Anuonye (10/1/2013 3:52:00 AM) Post reply

My fellow poets I would love to share my new poem with you all.
    You are never alone, I'll always walk with you I'll never leave your side; I'll bear your weary lest you fall My tears would always wash thy wounds And at thy solitary my hands reach out to you I'll crawl all the way just to be with you Your dreams are mine, mine are also yours Sweet peace sweeps through my heart like sea waves Please just wait for me, never break the bridge The night swiftly catches on us Our hearts beat like the amazon drums Wherever you are let my tears wake you And my torn hands reach out to you May my voice echo to your heart Till all you hear is but my heartbreak and my tears I'll always love you in day, in night, in doubts Even though our worlds be torn apart like a veil Our hearts will never be torn Our tears would always quench our thirst And all we'll hear is the voice of our heart Cherishing still even if our bodies languish Your lips kissed me, all I saw were words That illumine our worlds and far be it I'll stop loving Please never let go let our love be our strength A tree blossom, its the tree of love Its the page of our love I write Its the song of our sorrows that sprung our strength Its the joy of our tomorrow, the euphoria of our hearts Its the words of our love in this page Its the story angels dream of (THE STORY OF OUR LOVE)

• Rookie - 21 Points Sunday Champion (10/1/2013 2:23:00 AM) Post reply

this is the question that old man beside you that you see as a failure failed to ask himself while he was like you. what is life?give it a thought, else you end up like that man.......

• Rookie - 97 Points Indranil Bhaduri (9/30/2013 11:01:00 PM) Post reply

Respected fellow poets. I would be most happy if you read through my simple poem 'End Of Existence' which is written regarding Female infanticide. The link is given below. Please vote and comment. With good wishes to all.

http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/end-of-existence/

• Rookie - 70 Points Sisirachandra Vaduge (9/30/2013 3:47:00 AM) Post reply

Please consider if appropriate this poem for poetry competition.

Spiders & glow-worm...

Spiders detecting, glow-worm lightening
    I am sent by profit investor proudly says spider
    To check who’s this nutty explorer
    Smiling mildly glow-worm congratulate we too, thanks you’re fine...

Spider silently crept inside a shoe
    Glow warm signaling signs of danger in this room
    Don’t fear we here, sent by nature god for your sore
    Flying around crystal Buddha statue...

Spider slowly out coming where to locate for safe shooting
    You’re misleading this man threatening Marley image hanging
    Signs of tempo recalling buffalo soldier’s drunk and dancing
    Glow- worm dance pacifying hide and seek what’s this un- ethical detection...

Spider failing intention approaching, Buddha bless me eviction my intention
    We have to protect, capitalistic production this man against- casting
    Glow-worm, advising clean and care you may stuck by that venomous
    tution
    Scrutinizing glow- worm where’s meeting, spider signaling aristocrats
    mechanism, insufficient, proven facts imprudent executioner for target
    production...

Two forty seven am, spider warning you in a danger zone
    Glow-worm spying they earn however selling your information
    Give them, his own blood mixed beer his cash, unless crate’s may not quench thirst of murderous psychiatric deformation
    Substitute venomous water for victim if not satisfied multimillionaire wisdom...

Spiders and glow warms reports of inspection for constructive eviction of nature explorer 29/09/2013 at a venomous chemical mixed water source fountain by profit investor.

sisirachandra vaduge- All rights reserved.
    sisirachandra vaduge
    Submitted: Monday, September 30,2013

• Freshman - 2,244 Points Patricia Grantham (9/29/2013 9:49:00 PM) Post reply

To my PH members, visitors and friends. I solicit your vote for my poem
    titled No Room for Hate. I sincerely believe that this poem is very unique
    in substance and meaning. You may go to http./www.poemhunter.com/
    contest-vote/no-room-for-hate/ to cast your vote.

Thank you and best regards.

• Rookie - 0 Points Joaquin Santana (9/29/2013 2:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

How is it possible I have 37 hits on my main page and only 1 vote on my poem?Having everyone vote on these poems is uncovering a lot of biased tendencies. This is the last contest I'll ever enter. If I do decide to enter another one it'll be one with a JUDGE.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 0 Points Jasbir Chatterjee (10/2/2013 10:28:00 AM) Post reply

After my daughter voted for my poem, " Depression" today, I checked the status; total number of votes had come down to 15 from 16. This is very strange! I always had a great respect for this ... more

• Bronze Star - 5,637 Points Amitava Sur (9/27/2013 11:06:00 PM) Post reply

Hi friends/members - My contest poem is BEGGAR. I request you all to kindly read the same & give your valued comments along with voting also.

• Rookie Pooja Sanandia (9/27/2013 9:23:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone, I have poste my THE WAIT for contest. Please review and vote
    LINK: http://www.poemhunter.com/contest-vote/the-wait-39/

[Hata Bildir]