Click here to see the rest of the list

Movies and TV

Post a message
  • Elsie Louis (8/15/2012 10:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

THE AVENGERS! ! ! ! WOO WOO! !
    *Ahem* Sorry about that... :)

Replies for this message:
  • Susan Daquigan (8/12/2012 5:34:00 AM) Post reply

Whenever I miss Greece, I watch Mamma Mia: -)

• Ashley Dias (7/18/2012 2:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Loveeeeeeeee Twilight! ! !

• Sarah Mohyla (12/8/2012 3:34:00 PM) Post reply

I love twilight too! team edward or jacob???personally, i can't pick one! : D

• Chen Hong (11/8/2012 9:51:00 AM) Post reply

why cant i see my repy to your message?

• Chen Hong (11/8/2012 9:48:00 AM) Post reply

really?u like vampire movies?so how do u think of vampire diaries

• Ebi Robert (6/1/2012 1:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The lord of the rings. My best film till date.

• Yasir Khan Niazi (5/3/2012 11:35:00 AM) Post reply

Wall-e

• Angel Eyes (4/30/2012 1:48:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Shaun of the dead and hot fuzz to must watch movies xxx

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/16/2012 2:50:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Today is the birthday of Sir Charles Spencer " Charlie" Chaplin (1889 – 1977) He was an English comic actor, film director and composer best known for his work during the silent film era. He became the most famous film star in the world before the end of World War I.

Chaplin used mime, slapstick and other visual comedy routines. From the April 1914 he was writing and directing most of his films, by 1916 he was also producing them, and from 1918 he was even composing the music for them.

Chaplin was one of the most creative and influential personalities of the silent-film era. His working life in entertainment spanned over 75 years. His high-profile public and private life encompassed both adulation and controversy. Chaplin was identified with Left-wing politics during the McCarthy era and he was ultimately forced to resettle in Europe from 1952.

In 1999, the American Film Institute ranked Chaplin the 10th greatest male screen legend of all time. George Bernard Shaw called Chaplin " the only genius to come out of the movie industry" .

A poem from Poemhunter.com in memoriam: " Chaplinesque" by Harold Hart Crane
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/chaplinesque-2/

Happy Birthday Charlie Chaplin!

• ..... Dog God 8hate (7/29/2012 3:00:00 PM) Post reply

I'd love to post a comment, and I have composed a few here, already, but, alas... I've this piteous malediction and that follows me site to site. But you'll never see a trace of this trek, all my po ... more

• Royale Royale (6/15/2012 11:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

He did it with such style and humor... Question - Did Charlie Chaplin ever speak in any motion picture film? If so what films?

• Royale Royale (6/15/2012 11:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Charlie Chaplin did " It" with such humor and style... QUESTION - Did Charlie Chaplin ever speak in a motion picture film? If so what films?

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/11/2012 2:00:00 AM) Post reply

Andrew Motion on " Bright Star" on The Guardian

Andrew Motion writes about Jane Campion's attempt in the film " Bright Star" to bring the Keats's life to the big screen

" The real and central love story, the story of Keats and Fanny, is fortified by other sorts of tension. After a doubtful start it becomes headlong, devoted, agonised, rapturous – an ideal of passion."

Read the rest on The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/oct/24/keats-jane-campion-bright-star

Andrew Motion (born 1952) is an English poet, novelist and biographer, who was Poet Laureate of the United Kingdom from 1999 to 2009.

John Keats (1795-1821) was an English Romantic poet. Along with Lord Byron and Percy Bysshe Shelley, he was one of the key figures in the second generation of the Romantic movement, despite the fact that his work had been in publication for only four years before his death.

More about Keats and his poems on Poemhunter
    http://www.poemhunter.com/john-keats/

• Prakhar Mishra (3/27/2012 12:42:00 PM) Post reply

just watched 'THE SECRET' a must watch movie with some real n fundamental theories

• Poemhunter Moderator (3/27/2012 2:28:00 AM) Post reply

Today is the birthday of Quentin Tarantino., born in 1963.

He is an American film director, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer and actor. In the early 1990s, he began his career as an independent filmmaker with films employing nonlinear storylines and the aestheticization of violence. His films include Reservoir Dogs (1992) , Pulp Fiction (1994) , Jackie Brown (1997) , Kill Bill (2003,2004) , Death Proof (2007) , and Inglourious Basterds (2009) . He has earned an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a BAFTA and the Palme d'Or, as well as Emmy and Grammy nominations. His movies are generally characterized by stylistic influences from grindhouse, kung fu, and spaghetti western films. Tarantino also frequently collaborates with his friend and fellow filmmaker Robert Rodriguez.

You can find " Quotations From Quentin Tarantino" on Poemhunter
    http://www.poemhunter.com/quotations/famous.asp?people=Quentin%20Tarantino

Robert Frost's " Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" was used by Quentin Tarantino in Death Proof. Character Stuntman Mike recites the last bit, to get a lapdance from character Arlene, played by Vanessa Ferlito.
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/stopping-by-woods-on-a-snowy-evening-2/

Happy Birthday Quentin Tarantino!

[Hata Bildir]