Movies and TV

Post a message
  • Rookie - 83 Points Bullion Grey (4/11/2009 8:01:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Wonder Boys - 2000 release
    Robert Downey Jr. Toby Mcguire, Mike Douglas and (forgot name: Tom Cruise's wife) and others...great story about lost people found in a university and life together trying to write and become, teach and grow, and simple life's along the way really open life experiences that grab the viewer. I highly recommend if you love the written/spoken word and like the actors. Great sound track with really great songs and tunes, some drug use including liquor. Happy ending, well worth the watch. Seen it about 20 times and intend to watch it again.

• Rookie Man On Fire (1/28/2009 11:04:00 PM) Post reply

I can definately recommend the new zealand film once were warriors an excellent film that's in my collection tragic and inspiring should have won oscars. The violence is very graphic though so watch out for that

• Rookie - 356 Points delilah contrapunctal (1/8/2009 7:20:00 PM) Post reply

A few more:

'Inside Man' 2006

Clive Owen
    Denzel Washington
    Willem DaFoe
    Jody Foster

'Heat' 1995

Robert DeNiro
    AlPacino
    Val Kilmer
    Diane Venora
    Jon Voight

'The Boondock Saints' 1999

Billy Connelly
    Willem DaFoe

'Midnight Run' 1988

Robert DeNiro
    Charles Grodin

'Dog Day Afternoon' 1975

Al Pacino
    John Cazale

'The Deer Hunter' 1978

Robert DeNiro
    Christopher Walken
    John Cazale
    George Dzundza
    Meryl Streep

'Shoot the Piano Player' 1960

Charles Aznavour

• Rookie - 5 Points Callie Carroll (1/7/2009 9:07:00 PM) Post reply

The War (with a young Kevin Costner and a breathtaking tree) very Southern
    Stealing Heaven (a story of Abelard and Heloise)
    Dead of Winter (extreme suspense w/o the blood and gore of today)
    Dead Again (with young and married Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson
    The Vanishing (an American remake of a foreign (?) film) with a heartbreaking young Kiefer Sutherland and a creepy Jeff Bridges

• Rookie - 356 Points delilah contrapunctal (1/6/2009 1:58:00 AM) Post reply

'Once Were Warriors' 1994

A fine film from New Zealand...it'll tear your heart out...did mine....
    but you get to look at Temuera Morrison.....mmh, mmh, mmh....delicious...! !

• Rookie Tajma Hall (1/4/2009 9:23:00 PM) Post reply

I love these; Say anything, Flash Gordan, Mad Max, Revenge, Scarface, To have and have not, No country for old men, Dying young, The english patient.

• Rookie - 356 Points delilah contrapunctal (12/22/2008 2:33:00 AM) Post reply

'The Hit' 1984

Terence Stamp
    John Hurt
    Tim Roth

'Broadcast News'1987

Albert Brooks
    Holly Hunter
    William Hurt

'Orphans' 1987

Albert Finney
    Matthew Modine
    Kevin Anderson

a few favorites of mine.....
    superb acting.....irony, humor..... much more....
    love 'em........! !

• Rookie David Wicks (12/14/2008 12:08:00 AM) Post reply

Fluke is a very sad movie. It's about a man who dies and is reincarnated as a puppy. He searches for his family but cannot convince them that he is the dad/father. I can honestly say it is the only movie I have cried watching. I have no shame in this fact.

• Rookie Leah Roe (12/9/2008 8:21:00 PM) Post reply

BRONSON is the evolutionary journey of Mickey Peterson into Britain’s most notorious and dangerous living prisoner CHARLES BRONSON. Originally sentenced to 7 years in prison for burglary, Charles Bronson has been behind bars for 34 years,30 of which have been spent in solitary confinement. Charlie has forged an outrageous reputation through violence, hostage taking and rooftop protests to become a notorious figure in the British public’s conscious.
    www.bronsonthemovie.com

Taking the title role of BRONSON will be Bafta nominated actor Tom Hardy (Black Hawk Down, W Z, RocknRolla) who has been described by critics as one of the most promising young actors today.
    http: //www.empireonline.com/features/damonwise/post.asp? id=294

• Rookie Sam Byron (11/6/2008 8:48:00 AM) Post reply

i absolutly love dance movie..... especially the movie called DIRTY DANCING with patrick swayze

[Hata Bildir]