3 Books You Must Have In Your Library

Post a message
  • Fabrisse Ter Brugghe (5/1/2014 1:02:00 PM) Post reply

Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin - I think its use of language is remarkable.

Why Does E = MC^2 and Why Should We Care by Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw - I love good " science for laypeople" books and this is one of the best.

The Ode Less Traveled by Stephen Fry - It's helping improve my own attempts at poetry writing.

• Shahen Pardiwala (4/30/2014 5:21:00 AM) Post reply

for me, a library is a must. there are a number of books i feel are a must read. the three books that one must definitely have in his or her library are:
    Making Friends by Mathew Andrews
    The most successful formula 2b unsuccessful by Nozzer Pardiwala
    A series of Archie comics
    i post this as a teenager however my views and favs may change as i grow
    the no of books i came to know from this forum are superb i will definitely read the book suggestions

• Jeanette Telusma (4/29/2014 8:23:00 PM) Post reply

1) The Bible
    2) Understanding the Purpose and Power of a Woman
    3) The Principles and Power of Vision

• Molly Lizabeth (4/25/2014 7:10:00 PM) Post reply

My 3 must-owns:
    - The fault in our starts (Duh!)
    - Patchwork Planet (Completely relatable characters)
    - The Holy Bible (This is one I like to live by :)

• Daniel Brick (4/9/2014 12:14:00 AM) Post reply

The titles I listed below all relate directly to my creative life, my life as a writer of creative writing. I want to be precise about that! If someone asked me to write down the three titles that most deeply shaped my personality, or the three from which I derived my philosophy of life, or the three that provided escapist reading pleasure - well, those would be three very different lists. 1) A collection of poems by Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson. I'm sure many would agree with me that these two 19th c. poets are the two finest American poets. Whitman: the carrier of the American Dream, the Public 's Spokesman, the ambassador of American freedom; Emily Dickinson: Spokesperson of the personal life, guardian of the secrets of the heart, the caretaker of citizens' memories. You can see how much I identify with these two poets. You will, too! 2) Pablo Neruda - as big an anthology as you can find. Reading Neruda is the shortest distance you need to traverse to being inspired to write your own poem! 3) Take your collected poems with you, go to a favorite park, camp site, whatever place makes you think creatively, re-read your poems. Enjoy them, celebrate them, learn from them

• Ayah Beidoun (4/6/2014 5:38:00 PM) Post reply

1. divergent by veronica roth 2. insurgent by veronica roth 3 allegiant by veronica rroth

• Montfort Stephane (3/28/2014 11:15:00 AM) Post reply

i love/like the three books by cassandra jasmine(kingfisher's guide horse pony breeds_3 books for my lafuma rucksack in a desert island: 1/collection delachaux: peterson mountfort ornithology birds2/collection ulysse(ulysse is a quebec collection) 3/for series(cassandra jasmine and television) comic book series gaston franquin OR livre poche(i'm french: livre poche in france: penguin in GB/paperback: lawrence(for the spaniel bitch/ mellors) and i like harry potter series for the 3 pets(owl, cat, toad) /stepmontfort

• Raymond Magabe (3/27/2014 7:08:00 AM) Post reply

1. I write what I mike 2.blame me on history and 3.to kill a man's pride(short stories)

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (3/24/2014 9:49:00 AM) Post reply

1. Crime and Punishment by Dostovsky 2.War and peace by Leo Tolstoy 3.Old man and the sea Hemingway.

• Shraddha Suman (3/21/2014 10:41:00 AM) Post reply

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
    Choices by Susan Sallis
    Sea Swept by Nora Roberts

[Hata Bildir]