3 Books You Must Have In Your Library

Post a message
  • Rookie Shiiva Wilding (11/23/2009 9:48:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

For me, I tend to go for more fantasy based stuff than non-fiction (cause reality is boring more times than not) so mine would be:

1) Across the Wall by Garth Nix
    2) Tales of the Otori trilogy by Lian Hearn
    3) Any of 'The Edge Chronicles' books by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddle

I do love it when the imagination is messed around with (especially in the latter selection) : D

• Rookie Mrs. Blue (11/2/2009 9:15:00 PM) Post reply

The Green Mile, The Help, The Eragon Series, the Artemis Fowl Series, The Harry Potter Series

• Rookie Dolores Kozlowski (10/24/2009 8:25:00 PM) Post reply

Three books you should have in your Library are:
    THE BIBLE
    THE STAND by Stephen King
    THE SILVER CHALICE by Thomas B. Costan
    and anything written by PIERS ANTHONY.

If you like to write you also need to buy a good thesaurus, dictionary and grammar book.

• Rookie Neva Henderson (10/20/2009 7:51:00 PM) Post reply

The Vampire Chronicles (complete)
    Hank the Cowdog
    And....
    Desperation By Stephan King.
    Most amazing reads ever.

• Rookie Rimjhim Singh (10/18/2009 4:56:00 AM) Post reply

The deep end of the ocean by jacquelin mitchard,
    Angels and demons by dan brown and
    not a penny more not a penny less by jeffery archer

• Rookie Gold Fish (10/8/2009 7:25:00 PM) Post reply

The Bible (even if you not interested in God or religion)

Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

The Count of Monte Cristo By Alexandre Dumas

• Rookie Anne Byrne (10/4/2009 11:21:00 AM) Post reply

'Love that Dog' by Sharon Creech. For any aspiring poet.

'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky.

And of course 'On The Road' :)

• Rookie David Scott (10/1/2009 1:03:00 PM) Post reply

'On The Road' by Jack Kerouac
    'Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas' by Hunter S. Thompson
    'The Republic' by Plato

• Rookie Janell Cressman (9/29/2009 7:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

That is so hard to pick just 3
    I would say,
    The borne trilogy
    complet poetry of rudyard kipling
    the bible

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Kaddie Odden (9/30/2009 5:17:00 AM) Post reply

thanks for the information listed above, I love reading especially the fiction books. It thrills me.... Kaddie Odden HR Manager http: //www.recoverybull.com

• Rookie Poet Keri (9/15/2009 4:49:00 PM) Post reply

Ok first of all, I'm the type of person who likes to read fiction books, full of suspense, some mystery, action, and fantasy. If anyone likes that, you should totally read these books (if you haven't already) And by the way, there are more than 3 books listed below!

Nancy Drew Case Files or Hardy Boys Case Files - They're full of action and suspense. And they solve mysteries along the way.(They're small but you can't stop reading!)

Twilight Saga - It's about a vampire who falls in love with an ordinary girl. The girl also falls in love with the vampire. They struggle with obstacles. They're meant to be with each other, but they're are hurdles they have to overcome. Great series!

The Host - Kinda of Sci Fi. Aliens inhabit humans. The Aliens are supposed to take over the human's mind. But there's this one girl who shares her mind: the alien's inside her but the girl can still think and is still human. They go through love, adventure, suspense, and obstacles together. They make sacrifices to save others.

Harry Potter Series - Great classic for fantasy and stuff. Adventure and suspense keep you hanging off the cliff all the time. I keep rereading the whole series. It's full of magic and friendship while battling evil and enemies.

Imaginary Enemy - It's about a girl who writes to an imaginary enemy. She's blames her Imaginary Enemy (Bubba) for everything the girl does wrong. She writes to her Imaginary Enemy from 5 years old to high school. One day, she writes a letter to her enemy and he writes back. Adventure and friendship with humor keep this book entertaining. Great book by the way.

Dr. Franklin's Island - Three kids are part of this group that are going to Quito. Except on the way, their plane crashes. The three kids are seperated from their group. They get stuck on the island with no one. They try to survive and overcome obstacles. Their friendship grows as well as their fear. What could be on this marooned island? One day, one of the kids, Arnie, goes out and never comes back. What happens? The two other girls go out looking for him. They discover a village where they think rescue/help will be found. But they got their hopes up too high. the people are actually doctors. They work with genetic engineering. They plan to change the kids into superhumans - transforming humans into animals. The girls face pain and fear, hopeless. Together they work together and try to escape. Watch them mature as time passes on. What will happen? Will they transform? Read to find out!

Fablehaven - Two kids, brother and sister, have grandparents with a magical haven. Protection is enforced. What happens when the two kids gain magical powers and cross the boundaries? What happens when they make friends and bargain illegally with centaurs? What happens when the girl has fairy powers? Read to find out!

If you need some suggestions for books, check out www.doyouneedbooks.blogspot.com/ and www.needbooks.webs.com/ and there you can check out summaries and explanations about books. Get suggestions for book titles and get reading.

[Hata Bildir]