Learn More

3 Books You Must Have In Your Library

Post a message
  • Rookie Emma Kessler (12/28/2009 5:28:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Three books, easy.
    The 'Inkheart' trilogy by Cornelia Funke. Amazing books, Cornelia Funke expertly mixes the suspense, joy, pain, magic, love and tragedy in this book. She creates amazing characters that seem to begin to breathe when you begin to read the book, so real and so complex. The best books I ever read, read them today, you don't know what your missing.

• Rookie Monica Rose (12/28/2009 8:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Impulse by Ellen Hopkins...the ways she writes is beautiful, but this book helps you with suicidal thoughts.
    Othello by William Shakespeare...wonderful (:

Sorry only have 2

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Hannah Teriza (4/12/2010 6:03:00 PM) Post reply

I've gotta say it, 'Impulse' was phantasmigorical! (I learned that word from Lewis Carroll :) Such a good book, but left you with mixed emotions at the end. Has anyone ever read 'It's Kind of a Funn ... more

• Rookie Simon Eastman (12/20/2009 6:33:00 AM) Post reply

1 Vikram Seth's The Golden Gate
    2 Christopher isherwood's Berlin Stories
    3 Plato's Symposium
    Add Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience Rilkes' Book Of Images and the Collected Poems of Gwen Harwood

• Rookie Maynard Tomain (12/17/2009 8:58:00 PM) Post reply

The 3 that inspired me most

Perfume (Patrick Suskind)
    The Best of H.P. Lovecraft
    A Clockwork Orange

• Rookie A.p. Sweet (12/16/2009 3:53:00 PM) Post reply

The Book of Nightmares - Galway Kinnell (Poetry)
    The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks (Fiction)
    The Fantastic Art of Zdzislaw Beksinski - Zdzislaw Beksinski (Visaual Art)

These books are painful and beautiful. I highly recommend you check them out.

• Rookie Ghost Writer Insomnis (12/13/2009 12:38:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

(1) 'The Bible' (Inspired of God) ................. For the completeness of life.
    (2) 'Deadline' (Randy Alcorn) ......... For an extraordinary view of what comes next.
    (3) 'This Present Darkness' (Frank Peretti) ......... For a visual of the battles we cannot see.

Light exists to captivate the blind, illumine the darkness. Revealed, the Inner-mans struggle with rage to be constant and infectious. Rescue appears perilous and can only identify with true sacrifice. Feel brave? His Light, and the courage to stand in it, will turn a heart of stone into the voice of freedom.

Pretense is the calling card of the remorseless, shallow, and affect. What can never be honored will always be held suspect; How is your word? The counterfeit is incredibly life-like, mimicking the truth in every respect save one; when the TRUTH is uncloaked, it’s authenticity can never be questionable or suspect.

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Buck Mulligan (12/5/2009 1:00:00 PM) Post reply

The New Lifetime Reading Plan - absolutely fantastic guide.
    The Riverside Shakespeare (a library is not a library without Shakespeare)
    The Norton Anthology of Poetry. Superb collection, with a few sad exceptions it includes every major poet.

• Freshman - 1,020 Points Peter Stavropoulos (11/30/2009 8:38:00 PM) Post reply

The Bible - especially the Gospel of John
    Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
    The Complete poems of Emily Dickinson

• Rookie Diane Violet (11/29/2009 11:21:00 AM) Post reply

Only three, I have so many favorites!

1. The Stand, Stephen King
    2. The Dark Tower Series, Stephen King
    3. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

• Rookie G. Alexander (11/25/2009 12:08:00 AM) Post reply

Walden
    Society and Solitude - Emerson
    The Republic - Plato