3 Books You Must Have In Your Library

Post a message
  • Aimee Woolford (5/27/2014 1:39:00 PM) Post reply

A Monster Calls is an amazing book!
    I really recommend it to all people who enjoy a mix of genres.
    It is a bit challenging but really good!
    Go read it!

• Kevin Patrick (5/22/2014 8:36:00 PM) Post reply

There are too many books to mention, and so many more that I haven't read in order for me to neatly pigeon hold down to a semblance of just three books but the once that are important to my right now.9narrowed down to fiction)

1. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
    2. The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence
    3. Watership Down By Richard Adams.

Honourable mentions go to Things Fall apart by Chinua Achebe, The Power and the Glory by Graham Green, The ordinary Seaman by Francisco Goldman, A canticle for Liebowitz Walter Miller, , More than Human Theodore Sturgeon, Ubik by Philip K Dick, The Edible women my Margaret Attwood and so many more, I need to find more writers soon.

• Payal .prakash.shah (5/22/2014 5:46:00 AM) Post reply

who moved my cheese by Dr.Spencer Johnson.
    then...
    the monk who sold his Ferrari by robin Sharma.
    and
    famous five series by Enid blyton..
    enjoy reading them.

• Tweetspeak Poetry (5/18/2014 12:01:00 PM) Post reply

Haiku in English: The First Hundred Years. We just reviewed this book this week. Amazing poems. Excellent, accessible background on the development of haiku in English.

How to Read a Poem: Based on the Billy Collins Poem " Introduction to Poetry." This book could change education. We believe that so strongly we've challenged people to give one to a teacher in every State: http://www.tweetspeakpoetry.com/2014/04/10/give-an-english-teacher-how-to-read-a-poem/

The Poetry Home Repair Manual. Best book to quickly take your poetry writing to the next level. And it's by Ted Kooser. What's not to love? :)

• Charlotte L. Kings (5/15/2014 5:31:00 PM) Post reply

*Fiction*`
    1) The Onion Girl -Charles De Lint
    2) Practical Magic -Alice Hoffman
    3) To Kill a Mockingbird -Harper Lee
    *Nonfiction*
    1) Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within in -Natalie Goldberg
    2) Mere Christianity -C. S. Lewis
    3) Ariel -Sylvia Plath or Complete Poems by Edgar Allan Poe
    That was rather arduous!

• Anand Brown (5/13/2014 4:43:00 AM) Post reply

The Bible
    T.S Eliot collection of poetry
    We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

• Thenameless Poet (5/10/2014 4:52:00 AM) Post reply

A dictionary
    A thesaurus
    and a book from your childhood

makes all the difference

P; S keep some sort of note book on you at all times so that when you get a spark of genious you wont forget it!

Have fun and Keep Writing

• Charlie 12 (5/10/2014 2:20:00 AM) Post reply

Hello net citizens!

My name is Long Wong Charlie and I just wrote a book called " All Good
    Dragons Have Wonton for Breakfast"

Is it just me, or has it suddenly gotten really quiet in here?

Now I know that it's always best to wait for the movie to come out,
    but why fight the urge while the food is getting cold?

If you hate Chinese food...
    If you distrust stories of kooky immigrants...
    If you believe in curses...
    If you're an alcoholic...
    If you dream at night of little Asian guys slipping off banana peels...

Then go see what the fuss is all about at Dragons! visit here: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Dragons-Have-Wonton-Breakfast-ebook/dp/B00K0QIIUS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398934359&sr=8-2&keywords=long+wong+charlie

• Micheal Olaniyi (5/7/2014 8:17:00 AM) Post reply

For me, (a father to his son, if you forget me, black and white by me, reminiscence.. Silly sam sounding stupid by me is house is only decorated with a chair, a foam and an old t.v, he is so fat, that is belt is an equator, like a woman delivering a baby at night, he groans, and supported by the echo he has in his room as is fans. He wores a coat, every morning to the farm for rat hunting, he cried mysteriously one day, than the ceremony of his mother's burial, just for me to know he lost five thousand naira, his fiancee also suffer a dilema of heartbreak, due to meat palaver. He was bought a cab for living, he sold it and spend it all on eating, and said when there is life, there is hope, everything he does, people see the opposite of an admirable cricthon. His story went so far that everybody wants to know where he's living. One day, he got people rolling in aisles, when an helpless beggar come along from miles, he streched fort his hand for money, but silly-sam shaked him and said 'hello, anything for me'. " http://www.poemhunter.com/micheal-olaniyi/" ][u]Click to read my poem on poemhunter

• Ambar Yadav (5/3/2014 4:00:00 PM) Post reply

I can't club fiction and non-fiction together so...
    Fiction:
    Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
    The Sound of The Mountain by Yasunari Kawabata
    One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Non-Fiction:
    The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
    The Art of War by Sun Tzu
    The Will to Power by Nietzsche

[Hata Bildir]