3 Books You Must Have In Your Library

Post a message
  • Paul Mwenelupembe (1/23/2013 10:54:00 AM) Post reply

Books are many and this gives me a headace when it comes to choosing. My f'rite are " A glossary of literary terms" third edition (M.H Abrams, cornell university,1971) . Elements of poetry and this grammar book besides Oxford dictionary of any type. Mmmmm....... Many books indeed, but the research is still on. Expect more books to come.

• Sam West (1/9/2013 12:56:00 PM) Post reply

The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay.

• Jetty J Newnham (12/29/2012 4:57:00 PM) Post reply

I'm reading William Morris News from Nowhere everymans Beat poets, Half blood blues by Esi Edugyan all great. I just find it very difficult to name just 3 books. its like naming your favourite musician, at 16 no way would I listen to Jazz now I rarely listen to anything but! Jetty

• A.j. Binash (12/24/2012 2:40:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Naked Lunch
    Journey to the End of the Night
    Howl :)

Replies for this message:
    • Keith Haines (7/10/2013 12:44:00 PM) Post reply

All fine choices, first post in which I agree with all three!

• Janet Smith (12/21/2012 2:23:00 PM) Post reply

All quiet on the western front - Erich Maria Remarque
    The road to wigan pier - Goerge Orwell
    Any by Dan Brown

• Ray Quesada (12/12/2012 4:17:00 PM) Post reply

The Town and the City - Jack Kerouac

Evasion - (this book is actually written by an anonymous author, and can be found on Amazon and lots of other places. one of my top 10 books ever read - its like On The Road except the guy is like 20 years old hopping trains and has a really hilarious sense of humor, as good as Kerouac any day of the week. just google " Evasion Book" and it is easy to get!)

Anything by Huxley - I suggest " Island"

• Riffat Samad (12/3/2012 4:32:00 AM) Post reply

Sophie's world - Jostein Gaarder
    Three Comrades- Erich Maria Remarque
    Glimpses of World History- Jawaharlal Nehru

• Raechael Woodroof (11/26/2012 12:20:00 PM) Post reply

Do You Love Me?By: R.D. Lang I have only the one to add. My other favorites have been listed.

• Johnny De-lux (11/5/2012 3:34:00 PM) Post reply

The City of the Autumn Stars..Michael Moorcock
    Falling Angel..William Hjortsberg
    Stinkfoot..Vivian Stanshall

• Jetty J Newnham (11/4/2012 4:24:00 AM) Post reply

On my coffee table right now the complete writings of William Blake, the complete Edgar Allen Poe Bob Dylan song book the penguin book of the beats the penguin book of american verse lady sings the blues by Billie Holiday + several note books pens pencils, and most important strong black coffee!

[Hata Bildir]