Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) Male, 59, Antarctica (2/20/2014 7:12:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

So anyway, my book 'Confessions of an Antinatalist', was recently mentioned in the Wall Street Journal blog 'Speakeasy' as source material for the new show 'True Detective', in an interview with the screenwriter Nic Pizzolatto. Top of the short list, so to speak, although the real shining star here is my friend Tom Ligotti, heir apparent to the Lovecraftian legacy. Anywho, the first edition of my book sold out a while back, with a 2nd expanded edition on-track for later this year (fingers crossed) . To bridge the gap, there'll be an 'e' version of the original coming out soon. Also, my publisher NineBandedBooks has a limited number of slightly misprinted versions (an extra 's' on the spine) on sale for 6 bucks a pop. Get 'em while they last! I also own a box or two of the things that I'll eventually get around to signing and sending out, but that's for later on down the road, I think. Also, I think there are 3 or 4 of my poems distributed throughout, so I guess that makes me a legitimately published poet...of a sort...LOL!

Hang in there, fellow scribblers. Stuff happens.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 788 Points Dan Reynolds (2/21/2014 2:12:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Great news Jim, and well deserved.

• Rookie - 592 Points Jefferson Carter (2/20/2014 9:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Jim, congrats! How does your book (fiction? nonfiction?) relate to that show? in what way is it source material? I love the show. Yrs, JC

• Rookie - 592 Points metamorphhh (aka jim crawford) (2/21/2014 5:09:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks, Jefferson. It's non-fiction, autobiographical/philosophical, focusing on philosophical pessimism in general, and antinatalism in particular. As to the particulars, I've no clue (other than the ... more

[Hata Bildir]